Help a poor girl buy some parts :)

So, basically, there’s no way I can tell, unless the person selling tells me the truth if I ask.
:grimacing:

Basically yes. Thankfully its not that common of a practice.

1 Like

Hello again guys.

Sorry to dig up this topic, but new info has come around.

I’m trying to buy the parts listed in this topic, but it seems everything is out of stock everywhere. GPU’s, Ram sticks, etc…and the upcoming BF rush is not improving the stocks, it seems -_-

Pretty much the only thing from this list there was in stock in my local shop was the Ryzen 3600x -_-

Anyways, while I’m forced to wait, some interesting promotion have showed up, adn I thought I could prepare for a future 5600x upgrade, while still staying in budget.

These motherboards in particular are being sold at my local shop at a decent price, and I believe they are 5600x compatible. But which one should I gun for?

Asus Prime X570-P
Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Plus
Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming

Thank you in advance for any contribution!

TUF and ROG should be good, not sure about Prime but it won’t be “bad” either. With 5600X you aren’t stressing the VRM that much so all should work without problems.

RAM is in good supply, but likely SKUs change.

1 Like

Only thing I would suggest is get the local shop to put an older processor in the motherboard and flash the bios to the latest one that supports AGESA that works with Ryzen 5000 cpu’s, if you go for that.

Not all motherboards, have cpu’less bios updates, especially the cheaper boards.

Basically if it doesn’t have a bios flash button on the back IO backplate then it can’t do that. So upgrade bios before swapping over to a new CPU such as the 5000 series.

Or it won’t work. Or if it does, there be issues.

If I read that correctly, ask the shop to flash the bios with the 3600x on it, in preparation for the day I decide to upgrade to the 5600x (or other more advanced 5000 series chip?)

Oh if you’re getting a 3600x then you don’t have to worry about getting them to flash the bios.

You can do that yourself later on before replacing said cpu yourself.

Was more of a if you were getting a 5000 cpu firsthand.

Perhaps I will!
Managed to buy everything this black Friday, except for the CPU, which was out of stock (even the 3600x were gone) Managed to save around 100€ on the remaining parts. Might as well wait for the 5600x and don’t have to worry about CPU for the next half decade at least.

If you do, don’t bother with PBO, in fact disable it in the bios. The thing is questionable at best, it’s just overclocking and you don’t really need it unless you’re trying for the charts in benchmarks.

Something AMD brought in on 3000 series and 5000 has it with version 2 but yeah. Get a decent cpu cooler for it.

Without PBO, 5900x is 40c idle, 50c at full load.
PBO on, 5900x is 65c idle, 75-80c full load.

All for 200 extra hertz.

I’m fine with 4.8ghz…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.