[H(/N?)-RP] A Roaming Hub - On Hiatus đź’¤

(Repost 'cause last thread closed)

UPDATE!

The Roaming hub has started up for session three! Feel free to join and tag along with, and engage for whoever’s interested.

For ease of communication, rather than pointing people towards a forum thread every time regarding maps, who’s hosting which events etc., I’ve gone ahead and set up a Discord that anyone partaking in the project can join.

You can prod me at WorriesDK#2020 for an invitation or get in touch with me in-game.

Current primer - Ashenvale!

<Rushed messengers on wolf and wyvern-back have gone out from Splintertree Post, all carrying the same message from the local garrison>

"Adventurers and other ragtags,

With High Command cleaning up their mess and having to focus on a hundred dozen rumours about squid-people, Splintertree Post once again finds itself short of grunts and caravan-guards.

As if that wasn’t enough, some of those rumours about squid-people appear to have come true for our region as well. We have our own messes to deal with; satyr, furbolg raiders, supposedly fel orcs somewhere in the mix, too.

Being a transport hub for a war effort has been a profitable venture, and we’re ready to share some of it all with whoever gets their thick heads over here and sorts out our issues!

- Mastok Wrilehiss, Caravan Overseer of Splintertree Post"

OOC INFO

Concept Explanation

The Roaming Hub operates in the form of 1-2 week stayovers in the various regions, complete with a few blurbs of story for each one, identifiable issues to combat or deal with, maps keeping track of progress - and most importantly, insight into areas that haven’t received a lot of love with the lore, but still have a fair amount of player interest.

List of Suggested things to sort out for a potential stop

1) A main hub for the duration - to give people a place where they can go to find casual RP for the duration. 2) Around ~3-4 paragraphs of story to explain what’s going on in the region, what we’re there to help with etc. - supplemental maps can be made by me. 3) Someone to open up the week at a communal meeting/speech, basically introduce the story and area to people in-game. 4) 4-5 events at most; they can be social, RP-PvE, puzzles and whatever else have you, tying into that story

How does the map/noticeboard work?

The Noticeboard is essentially a series of story hooks and suggestions for events that can be used to push the story of a zone forward. Do the event, and new events will open up, and the map will change. All you need to do is post on Discord which mission you’ve claimed and when you’ll be carrying it out; I’ll change the map to reflect changes over night!

FAQ

Do I have to sign me or my guild up to attend this?

Nope! You’re welcome to drop in and drop out as you please; I’ll simply be the main organiser to chat with if you’d like to set something up. Though be aware that our hosts in various areas may have restrictions on how many people can attend their events.

Can I get a location added to the future stops?

Yes! I’d only ask that you contact me and give the suggested “things to sort out” list a read; a hub is only as fun as it’s attendants and hosts make it.

27 Likes

I am hyped! Let’s do this!

1 Like

Great stuff, Rogmasha, thanks for setting it up! This initiative is such a nice addition to the other Horde RP hubs.

1 Like

This sounds so interesting!

1 Like

Solid premise, respect for the Classic Adventurer Vibes

Why is he storing his gold in coffins

I think you’re talking about coffers, Rog

2 Likes

Listen, some High Warlords prefer coffers, some Executor’s prefer coffins. Let’s not #WoodShame :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Weehoo! The Hub is back! I’m ready! \o/

1 Like

I came here to wish good luck, now i must ask what the hell does Alryette wear on her head and whom is responsible for this atrocity.

1 Like

Looking forwards to stumbling upon the Hub one day!!

1 Like

Tonight at 21:00 realm time, the Roaming Hub will “officially” open, and the first priming event will take place. People interested in the story of the current Roaming Hub session should drop by Razor Hill throughout the evening, to get some of the story snippets we’ll be expanding on over the week.

1 Like

Bring on the hubbi…ness…

1 Like

We’re certainly off to a dramatic first stop, as old friend of the Hub Xelrin opted to lead the Horde in dealing with a naga threat - which subsequently ended in her demise, but also the naga’s defeat.

For a reference of the map as is, here’s the map for today!

https://i.imgur.com/0uqJutM.png

1 Like

Dag nabbit, miffed im I’m missing this again. Looks splendid as ever Rog!

…hopefully you’re still going next month.

1 Like

We’ll probably have a little break over the Christmas holidays, but I expect this session will stretch into the new year, for sure!

1 Like

Tomorrow (16th of December) at 20:30 RT in Bilgewater Harbor we are going to meet the representative for our new center of operations! Be there or be square! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

*Wipes sweat off his bald head with a shaking hand. *

1 Like

You better stay off our airbase or we’ll sue!

2 Likes

Bligewater?! That place has one of the best bars you can find in Kalimdor! I will drink the whole place dry!
hic :beer:

3 Likes

You.

I Like you.

Keep up the drunk-- Good work.

And a bump for this mighty fine hub effort!

2 Likes

*After seeing the gathered crowd of dangerous outsiders, Foreman Gridcog spent the rest of the night pouring over any and all insurance forms he could get his hands on, trying to minimize any responsibility in the case of disaster. *

“Demon insurance. Demon insurance… What the hell is that under?”

He was awake till the dawn.

2 Likes