Holy Priest - Do not bother spells

Basically just do the opposite of what this guy says and you’ll be fine.

See why priests are bottem of warcraft logs.

Do you honestly truly believe priests are at the bottom because they don’t take your advice? :joy:

1 Like

Do you honestly truly believe priests are at the top because they take your advice?

Low effort response which makes no sense, but you did do what you do best, which is dodge questions.

1 Like

You are the stupid one Aellas, so stupid in fact, you actually believe you are a god tier holy priest :rofl:

I simply asked a question based on your assumption, I wanted to know if you were just being silly, or if you truly believed priests aren’t at the top because they don’t listen to you.

1 Like

Cant you just find a therapist. What I am stating is mathematically accurate. Thats what the sim provides. The problem here is you.

You stating that priests are bottom of the logs because they do not listen to you isn’t maths, it’s delusion.

Take a step back and ask yourself if everyone here seems to have a problem with what you are saying, is it maybe just a little bit possible that you are in fact, the problem.

Even with the recent buffs to DI, you won’t see people making the jump over to it.

What you were told is the legos were close together. Thus picking one results in more or less very close results. So close in fact that human factors affect the result more. We are talking about <=100hps or so between some legos. This is a very small amount.

So we are talking about 7,693 HPS vs 7853 hps in raids for DI vs FC.
So we are talking about 10.05k hps vs 10.1k in m+ +15 keys for DI vs FC.

Such close numbers are for all intents and purposes equal for healing. DI provides better DPS as well. This makes it far better than FC, in that FC does nothing for DPS.

Thus mathematically DI is a good choice for a lego. Has the hps to do a +15 key and better dps than FC. HPS remains equal.

This means arguing against this requires evidence that has not been provided. The lack of evidence on your part, means your position is non existant and basically worthless.

That you are still trying to attack my position with zero evidence for your own. Have continued to do so after not providing evidence when requested and are attacking me personally. They call it bigotry and harassment. Only words to you right?

If this was a moderated forum/debate, well you would be looking at a long forum holiday. I have proved my position, with reasonable evidence.

Yet literally nobody of any reputation skill or standing plays like that… Does that mean they’re all stupid and should suddenly hang on your every word? Or that holy is actually a great healing spec and every single top priest is just playing it wrong?.

Or maybe it means that simulated healing environments are deeply flawed and that the reason nobody plays like this is it’s quite clearly worse to the ones actually doing the content.

5 Likes

Mathematically proven, work it out. Have already shown I can reach results within 1% of the log values, with ask mr robots mathematics. This is reasonable proof of accuracy. No counter argument against this position. Just febble rhetoric, not worth a damn. You should have the proof in hand before making any statements.

It does not matter what others do or say. The level of skill they have or now popular one lego has become. These are red herrings.

Red herring

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important question. It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences toward a false conclusion. A red herring may be used intentionally, as in mystery fiction or as part of rhetorical strategies, or may be used in argumentation inadvertently.

Yet AMR is a complete black box, you presenting its results without having access to the knowledge or understanding necessary to replicate them, beyond simply plugging it all back into the program, makes the information you post just as baseless. You can’t vouch for its accuracy, it can’t be reviewed independently, and it certainly doesn’t reflect a comparable reality because nobody is listening to what it says.

1 Like

All the mathematics for AMR and the rotation are shown on the website. This makes AMR the opposite of a black box.

But I do have the knowledge and understanding to make my own version of Ask Mr Robot which I applied to a log. Then got a result within 1% of the log value. This proves the accuracy of Ask Mr Robots mathematics. This has all been dismantled. The results posted.

In fact I took the logs from warcraft logs and applied the mathematics to them. Results are accurate. Now I have created a program which takes a warcraft event log and does the same. Same mathematics Ask Mr Robot uses, just my own way (hell its just the tool tips). Results are accurate. Proven fact.

Thus applying this method to finding which legos are useful is a viable method. Thus I have proven my position, with a reasonable level of evidence.

With the warcraft event log, you just have to search for encounter start and after encounter start you get the combatant info. This is the players gear and stats. You can convert the player ID to a charactor name by searching the events.

At the end of the encounter you get the encounter end event. At the end of that event you get a 1 or a 0. If its a 1 then the encounter had downed the boss.

Thus you can get all the events between encounter start and encounter end. These events tell you what spell was cast and what the target player was. You can see adds as creatures and the boss. You can work out the hp of each player second by second as they take damage and you can see the healing per healer, for each player. Thus you can work out overheal for the target healer if you were to heal them.

This then means you can write your own holy priest healing bot. The logs contain the location of each player and how they move. So you can work out the distance between players. So healing AoE spells can be worked out. PoH has a 40 yard range, you can work out the number of players within the circle.

All you really have to do is remove world of warcrafts answers and replace them you mathematics. If you use the logs for the rotation and for what spells crit, then the answer can be very accurate. I already did this in excel. I get a within 1% answer with a approximate simulation. Some buffs are not handled correctly in the excel. Also some HoTs, I had to work out the 30% rule from the logs for overlaping renews. I just guessed which spells were affected. Also for buffs that are 48% up I reduced them and made them 100% up as an estimate. Still a result just 10hps from the original log overall.

AMR is accurate, I would put all the evidence here but its already available on the ask mr robots website. It takes only a little effort to work out ask mr robot can be trusted. All the mathematics are on the ask mr robots website. I even used the same rotation rules. Once I get my 3080, the rotation will move towards machine learning.

At the moment I am siming the log but are still not a complete sim. This is my own program in visual basic .net and I use warcraft event logs as data for the sim. I am still in alpha build. The program looks a miss of listboxes full of filtered data from the source logs.

One has to ask the question given how bad dps sims are, why do healing sims have to be ridiculously accurate?

You dont even have to be anywhere near 100% with ones sim model to get within 2% of the log value.

Take this result as an example,

Name Useful heal hps log
Leech 25200 58.9 58.8
Echo of Light 401544.4135 938.2 937.1
renew 255815.3284 597.7 595.9
Prayer of Mending 236571.7148 552.7 552.3
Circle of Healing 185910.5674 434.4 434.3
Divine Hymn 181028.92 423.0 423.7
Prayer of Healing 156848.6862 366.5 366.2
Holy Word: Sanctify 154446.2556 360.9 360.7
Holy Word: Serenity 94557.61924 220.9 221.8
Holy Word: Salvation 82217.79883 192.1 192.7
Cosmic Ripple 58827.29148 137.4 137.4
Flash Heal 52714.33781 123.2 124.4
Dazzling Lights 29719.69603 69.43854 63.6
Blessed Light 4953.013119 11.57246 10.5
Tranquil Light 5040.33408 11.77648 10.2
Healing Light 0 0 0
Ascended Eruption 25714.61206 54.3 54.3
Ascended Nova 30350.57647 70.4 70.4
Power Word: Shield 16173.10406 37.8 36.2
Desperate Prayer 8700 20.3 20.2
Heal 735.0332731 1.7 1.7
Diff
Total 2007069.3 4683.121 4,672.30 1.00
Log 2.00m

Not bad for a first try. Most likely full of errors but even with errors and things done wrong. Within 2% accuracy is possible. The full program is going to have within 1% accuracy, thats the hope.

This is the same core method used by ask mr robot.

Why do you even play the game at this point?
Just run your litlle sims and be happy

To show pro players like yourself, what pro really means. I did not have to social network my skill. My gear build is my own build. I did not copy everyone else and attack anyone as different as wrong. Hell I can prove my gear build will work without playing ingame.

You cant prove anything because someone else did all your thinking for you. Monkey see and monkey do is not a sign of pro skills. Not the kind of person you go for advice from.

No according to you, people should go to someone who doesn’t do any challenging content for advice and ignore all the great advice already out there.

It would be so much fun watching you and someone like automaticjak talk about this stuff… I wonder if he would host you in a video, because he does actually care about people getting better with the spec, perhaps seeing your flawless healing sims (this still makes me laugh everytime) he would help get your word out and you could single handedly change the entire holy priest community. :rofl:

Oh Aellas, you truly are something else.

1 Like

You cant prove anything which means you lack the ability to determine truth.

automaticjak you mean the guy you copy, as you have no ability yourself.

Two healing sims more than what you are using. One I wrote myself. What have you done, well nothing. You dont have the ability. You need others like automaticjak to work things out for you. So then you can pretend to be the expert.

Only warcraft priests talks about things as the entire holy priest community. Good players dont need a community to play. We dont social network our skill, then pretend we know our stuff based on what website we read or players we think we know. Only the least capable players work that way. Players like you.

Let’s just agree to disagree, I do not think anyone will budge their position on any of the things talked about since Jan any further.

The topic is not only derailed it is spiralling. The actual genuine discussion ended weeks ago.

5 Likes

Simulations are not proof.
They are an approximation of reality.
Everything else you blurt out to me and others is completely unnecessary.
You speak of harassment, yet you yourself harass everyone who doubts your stories.
You never answer a question but always come up with a vague reply containing nothing of value.
Prove your simulation by running content with your build. If it matches your sinulation we will talk again.

1 Like

They are more than just proof, its a mathematically model that explains reality. Given that you dont have any evidence other than the anecdotal replies.

The issue with anecdotal evidence is like the ‘Levitating’ cruise ship spotted off Bournemouth coast. If you model the event you find your eyes lie to you but if you go with experience. Well expect to believe ships can fly. The Jewel of the Seas cruise ship appeared to be levitating off the Bournemouth coast on the bbc news. Must be true because you can experience it. Your eye dont lie, experience cant be wrong?

Simulations are used to avoid anecdotal evidence with all its pitfalls. Given WoW is a very simple model and the mathematics is not hard to understand. A model would be a very powerful tool.

Mathematical models have been used as tools to prove the orbits of planets and the fact the earth goes around the sun. This saves us 100’s of years of observations.

The earth orbiting the sun for example, cannot be proven with anecdotal evidence. To a viewer on the earth both the positions.

1. The sun goes round the earth.
  2. The earth goes round the sun.

These two positions are true based on anecdotal evidence. Its only when you model the orbits of planets that you can clearly see that the earth is orbiting the sun.

In this way, mathematical models are more powerful than anecdotal evidence. They can prove a position is true, even when anecdotal evidence cannot.

The arguments against me are very weak. That is to say, they are no evidence at all. Yet the modelling evidence is very strong and a good foundation for my arguments. In this way our two positions are not equal. My position is overwhelmingly stronger and would require a just as strong reply evidence wise.

Anecdotal evidence cannot give you a win and will never prove the truth. Thus all I need do, is just not agree and stand by my position. Watch as you must behave like a bigot and resort to denial as your only argument.