Horde and AV Win/Loss Rate

This is a genuine question and not just a complaint.

What do Horde players find their win/loss rate at Alterac Valley is?

At the moment I’ve been trying to farm AV and my current loss rate is likely between 90 to 95%, is this normal?

I don’t know if the map favours the Alliance faction for zerging or if the Alliance are just generally better at PvP or if i’m just extremely unlucky.

What are other peoples experience?

nice bait

it is a well known fact that horde are generally better at PvP

you probably got a few unlucky games, that’s all :raised_hands:

Its honestly not bait.

I’ve not done many other bgs, mostly just trying to farm in AV at the moment as its usually the least stressful and I’ve genuinely lost 90% of the last 16-20 games of so. Is it only this one where horde lose then? Are they reasonably dominant in the others?

Thankfully the queues for AV are short and the games themselves are usually around 9mins unless dragged out.

Yes Horde wins majority of PvP, they have the more dedicated players that are more geared, motivated and in general understand tactics better. When Horde loses it’s mostly against other Horde in War Skirmish mode.

AV still has the best win rate for the alliance though, a good 20%. You see a lot of -70 players on Alliance side in green gear just joining to get gear and nothing else. Then when they have gear, they leave.

Which is nice of course, but when everyone thinks that way you always end up with bad geared, unexperienced players that need to be carried.

OK thanks for this invaluable piece of information!

imma queue some avs, sounds like a great time to do so on ally side :rofl:

But in all seriousness, just queue a little later or on another day. I’ve had days with long loss streaks. You’ve just been unlucky today.

I think that there are very few people who genuinely enjoy the map. Most people rather press W to the other end, wait for a few minutes, then slay the enemy chieftain. Where’s the fun in that :thinking:

Yup, that’s what we call Noob Hill on Alliance side, they usually make you lose the game because they will refuse to stand in towers or guard the GY, they just alt tab and watch some video or read their mail.

The horde map does have a small advantage in that, for the Alliance GY flag in their base is literally in front of the boss, so even when they are AFK, they are still doing something.

I liked the vanilla map better, you needed to go tooth and nail fighting all kinds of bosses on the way, summon boss mobs to back and forward. They should bring it back, but with the resource cap and some quality of life changes so the game always ends in under an hour. Alass.

Are there any Horde premade AV discords? Cause tonight i spent hours in AV and got almost no honor and 1 win out of what must have been 20 bgs.

There has to be a better way than what im doing to get honor.

If you’re on a russian server yes, otherwise “git gud” sadly.

I seem to win most games as Horde, unless we play Russian teams they usually win. It only takes a premade of 5 players to make a big difference on AV. I’ve gone in there with 4 other guildies and we caused a turtle which ended in us farming them in their GY (a bit like the russians do).

If you defend towers with a small group of people going around and retaking them while also capping bunkers you will pretty much easily win an AV unless the alliance team has enough highly geared players to offtank/kite the adds in a corner while the raid zergs the boss.

The only real piece of evidence that we have about battleground winrate:

Keep in mind, that this data concerns all battlegrounds, and if I read it correctly, was collected before enabling same faction battlegrounds.

Just from my observations, I’d say that my winrate as Horde is around 65-75%, unless I play against Alliance team from Flamegor. Against the “definitely-not-premading” Alliance from Flamegor my winrate is exactly 0% ( and it is more than 15 games).

winrate 99.9% horde , 99.9% alliance.
I love flamegor

Keep doing that! I :heart: :turtle:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.