Horde ganking us in GS

Why are the GS guards so weak?

Why are horde Paladins so OP? I thought I could damage or at least ‘challenge’ the invading paladin on fair ground, it had over 200k HP, but I figured, Shaman is pretty good with CC and all.

The Paladin kept me stunned until it AND freshly-arriving DK of course, completely slowed and stunned and ganked me despite ‘ghost raptor’ form that’s SUPPOSED to not be able to be slown down.

How the heck are they so OP, why are Goldshire guards SO weak, and what the heck was I supposed to do in that situation? That Paladin couldn’t be dented, and it could slow me while keeping its own speed ultrafast, and I couldn’t CC, escape or dent it.

It’s like being ganked by a rogue in a BG. How the heck did blizz mess up this whole PvP stuff SO BAD in WoW?

Did they design things to be AS bad for the ally as possible? If 378 item level Shaman can’t even give ANY kind of resistance to some 200k+ HP horde paladin, there’s something seriously wrong.

Could the Goldshire GUARDS at least be as strong as the wolves in AV or somethinG? Geez… the paladin didn’t even have to care about the guards. They just ganked me away, like I was nothing. Does blizz not know how frustrating that is?

Each class has pros and cons I guess, and each class has classes that are better or worse for dealing with them. Seems fair enough.

I don’t know opponent classes well enough yet, but have been practicing on Paladins. Their self heals and shields are annoying for sure. Feral can counter slows easily, but Pal can move quick, tricky! Gotta keep my distance and be patient, keep myself healed, wear em down, avoid their damage shield, hopefully have thorns available after that, save my damage boost! I need more practice, a Paladin is a nice challenge.

But ye, if there’s gankers, form a group and camp em. Guards are just for decoration in lowbie zones, PvP is the solution.

2 Likes

And nothing of value was lost

Paladins cant stunlock tho, they have 0 abilities which allow for chaining stins in their own Arsenal

Were you facing a prot paladin? They’re still pretty strong in 1v1s even with the 40% selfheal nerf, you would have to ensure they burn through their defensive cooldowns and then start bursting them faster then they can heal back up

The latter is easier with the self heal nerf but good luck punching through the defensive arsenal to get there

With blocks now also counting ranged attacks with holy shield every type of attack can be blocked now, including most dot ticks

Because they are only guards, like those in Malls/Supermarkets/etc.
They are not Heroes of Azeroth who killed Ragnaros/Deathwing/Lich King/etc, they are just guards.

Some classes counter other classes, like Paladins could be a problem for a Shaman, but they a walk in a park for a Mage. You can’t win them all, not by just yourself for sure, so if you want to - get help/friends/guildies… it’s like solving a Player vs Player problem with actual Players and not NPCs.

P.S.: Want to join WPvP guild / community, or tell others about yours - go here and DO IT

3 Likes

Ret pala shouldn’t be a problem to elemental shaman. Spam purge and frost shock. It can be a long duel but you should come out victorious.

1 Like

Just gotta outrun Freedom. Always helpful with four legs! :wink:

Paladins are one of the easiest classes to defeat with a shaman. You just need to be pacient and wait the dumb pala use his cd’s…then he is a paper-hero.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.