Horde-Side RP Scene?

Ignore the naysayers; there’s roleplay on Horde side. I’ve spent my recent half a year on Horde, spent quite a while on Alliance beforehands.

I’d risk to state that if you find a decent guild to be part of, Horde RP is even more “lively” in the sense that Stormwind roleplay never appealed to me. There were too many weirdos, too many strangers, almost never met the same person twice and it all was like entering a big city where the closer I was to the mob of people the more distant I actually felt from them.

On Horde it is somewhat different as the RP scene is much more condensed, if you get to know some of the longer lasting characters you’ll be able to meet them over and over in Orgrimmar or Zandalar.

As for the specifics:

Absolutely. Veteran roleplayers genuinely enjoy helping enthusiastic newcomers.

If you join any of the PCU guilds you’ll be able to do PVE with the PCU. Unsure how active other guilds are with their PVE content - the PCU is about to clear heroic nathria and there’s regular/daily 10+ keys ran by players.

There’s never late to join any guild as far as I know. Guilds have characters that go inactive, characters that die IC. You’re entering a cycle of characters and you’ll soon find that you aren’t the “newest blood” anymore.

6 Likes

I think so? A plenty of my Horde RP friends also seem to raid on the side. In fact, I’ve seen more Hordies that do content+RP than Alliance people who do the same.

I don’t RP on Horde side, but a recommendation for you to get a feel of it is to make a Horde character and just go to Orgrimmar and take a look. If you don’t have the money for such a move, then I would feel bad for you to spend that money to then later regret the situation.

Find a guild. I wouldn’t recommend Horde RP if you don’t enjoy guild-based RP (or don’t have the time for it), because that is where the vast majority of RP lies. Whilst Alliance has hubs like Stormwind and Boralus that are active every night of the week, The Horde tends to only have Valley of Honour and occasionally Silvermoon, making hub-RP a lot less varied and frequent.

The forums has a plethora of guilds to look into. I’d recommend getting in touch with a guild leader, seeing if they’ll take you in on a trial, and taking it from there. Have fun!

2 Likes

I’d disagree and say Silvermoon is fairly active, but you may need to put up with a lot of [Thalassian] if you’re not a Blood Elf.

Horde RP is a live and well! Whether you choose a troll or a belf there are plethora of guilds that offer quality RP experiences and sometimes even light PvE.

I recommend you check us in Highblood Myrmidons if you are looking for a belf experience

and Painted Shield or Darkspear Wardband for the troll side!

2 Likes

Silvermoon is very active, some great guilds there to look at; Thalassian Skyguard, Blood Ravens, D23, Crimson Vanguard, Reliquary (always a fun bunch), Oath is still around. Some nice folks in the newer guilds such as Phoenix Ring and so forth.

I would recommend checking out the forum threads as a whole before making any decisions both here and on Argent Archives. Even make a horde char just to look around and don’t be afraid to ask questions :wink:

2 Likes

Always something you should do, both IC and OOC.
Make a character, poke around, be inquisitive!

3 Likes

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong…

Please dont comment on something you have no Experience about, Human.

The Horde Side is active and alive in RP

As others recommended just make a Char and visit us.

1 Like

Don’t engage…

1 Like

I suggest before spending money on a faction change(as others have suggested) is to make a Horde character – get a feel for the place. Leveling is a lot faster now so it doesn’t take as long to get to say 50.

While Horde side is ‘smaller’ it is still lively. As others have said most guilds are accepting of newer rpers who are willing to learn the ropes. I also suggest if you are wanting to dip your toes into rp, download the addons like TRP, cross RP & listener if you haven’t already.

When it comes to blood elves, I can wholeheartedly recommend checking out the Highblood Myrmidons thread.

For Trolls, I’d recommend Painted Shields and/or Darkspear Warband both are really good options if a troll is what you want to play. Other options for trolls are of course Hand of Conquest, Red Venturers.

Most importantly, have fun & create some epic stories!

6 Likes

Casual/Walk-Up RP in Orgrimmar seems to have dwindled a bit, whenever I log on to see what’s up, there’s a few people there but not as many as there were. I may just be logging in at the wrong times but that’s just what I’ve witnessed.

Like others mentioned, a lot of the scene is off doing their own thing or part of their own hubs so I’d recommend you have a look around and see if there’s anything that you may be interested in.

For Horde aligned Troll RP I can recommend Painted Shields and Darkspear Warband, both great guilds. If you’re looking for a non-Horde troll RP, I can recommend Hand of Zul(totally not biased). Troll RP scene is quite good atm.

2 Likes

On the off chance you ever decide to Enter the Bone Zone I would heartily recommend the Forlorn Order, Hand of Agony, and the Requiem of Sorrow for some ‘good’ Forsaken. For more spooky Loyalist stuff the Rotgarde are still kicking and doing villainous things throughout the world, though I’m not sure if there are any other Loyalist guilds lying around.

3 Likes

I went through Valley of Honour on an alt earlier, and it maybe wasn’t at it’s peak but it sure as heck had more than enough people around and about and RPing.

1 Like

/glare intensifies.

6 Likes

I forgot you folks! GG are still vibin’.

2 Likes

dodged a bullet there

3 Likes

Thank you very much guys for your responses. I had been gone on a short break so apologies for not replying here earlier. I will be transferring to Horde today or tomorrow.

Thanks again! :bat:

5 Likes

Welcome to the Red Side. Glad to have you with us :slight_smile:

1 Like