Hotfixes 🍵

I get devastated every time I watch new hotfixes :orangutan:

Also.
Nothing :man_shrugging:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/hotfixes-january-28-2021/735002

Imagine if the devs listened to people like you.

There are no devs for balancing. Balancing is a side activity for two devs and has the least priority.

Imagine if the devs listened to literally anybody.

That’d almost make them a fully functioning company. Not enough multi dollars for that though.

Nothing.

No amount of buffs will make you good at the game.

I want to say am surprised but am not.

Not sure what to hotfix. Maybe mist weaver is underpowered but I thought it was an off healer type role. Tanks might need more simple approach to them and better defensive but it is a game cycle. Wow has never been about flexibility.

They need to buff us in PvP. PvE wise we are good.

I see. I don’t pvp so I’m very ignorant in that regard. I think that specific targeted suggestions in class sub forum can be very beneficial. If you know what suffers the most then it is a good starting point.

I don’t PvE myself, however when I look at the most recent, first 500 highest key Mythic + runs and see a grand total of 2 dudes playing Mistweaver it seems obvious to me that they’re not fine.

4 Likes

Underrepresentation is not = “not good”. MW has always been underrepresented, even if we are the best spec. If you look at Mythic Archimonde in WoD where MW was the best spec by far, you will see that MW was still the least played healer spec by a good margin.

Disc is picked for Power Infusion, Shaman is picked for interrupt, hpaladin is picked for DPS. However in terms of healing and normal damage, MW is good.

But if MW has no significant utility to speak of, no interrupt or stat buff to allies and does less damage than a hpaladin then why would you ever bring it over any of the others? What makes a group leader go “Ah yes, a Mistweaver is just what we need”?

That’s a good point, however, that’s more of an issue with the other classes and not MW. Disc Power Infusion, Paladin DPS or Shaman interrupt isn’t something that really matters as much as people think unless you’re pushing super high keys and min-max in any way that you can. MW is more than capable of healing those same high keys, but if a group can choose between two specs then they will always pick the stronger one even if the difference ultimately ends up being small. MW is not the strongest healer, but for 99% of the player base, Mistweaver is good enough for every bit of content they will ever do. People see the top 0.1% players and think “What, no MW in the highest keys or world first racing? I guess that means the class is bad/under tuned/needs buffs” even though it’s not really true. People would rather scream for MW buffs than ask for holy paladin nerfs so they don’t burst 10-15k DPS.

M+ is a mess right now, and community perception is that anything that’s not a Boomie, Fire Mage, Hunter, Windwalker maybe, is seen as completely useless. The same goes for healers, because if you are not a Shaman/Disc/Hpal, then your spec is considered bad. Like even Disc hasn’t really been played in keys because “bad spec”, but then people saw Disc being used in MDI (for power infusion and no other reason) and suddenly Disc is “amazing” for Mythic+.

1 Like

correct thats very poor performance getting things done. Properly the manpower works on something different. As long the playbase accept this, nothing changes. re-roll shaman now.

Hopefully soon all healers are shamans …

When most of the other healers are good and Mistweaver is just “good enough”, that means Mistweaver is bad in relative terms. And I’d rather see Mistweaver given more utility/defense or buffed in some other way than see the top healers nerfed. I currently cannot think of a single reason why I’d want a Mistweaver aside from “that’s all we’ve got”. Cocoon and Revival are a joke, Leg Sweep is nerfed in PvE (lol why) and can also be taken by a WW and that’s about the utility of Mistweaver exhausted. Why Mistweaver had its interrupt taken away makes no sense to me either. It’s not a question of “can you do well enough as Mistweaver?” it’s “why is it still worse than the other options?”

2 Likes

X spec being better does not mean Y spec is bad, even relatively like you say.

The top 3 healer specs (Disc, Hpal, Rsham) all have too much and that’s where the issue lies. Besides, the difference between the healer specs is much smaller than people are led to believe. In terms of HPS, every healer is very close. In terms of DPS, Mistweaver is pretty high up there. MW brings a lot of valuable things to the raid that the other specs don’t. Are paladins good at raid healing? No. Is Disc good at spot healing? No. Does shaman do any damage? No. Does MW do all of those things while also bringing the highest HPS cd in the game? Yes. Sure, DR’s are usually better but don’t sleep on the amount of healing that Yu’lon can do.

I go over this issue here: Mistweaver buff request - #107 by Nasella-kazzak

I really don’t feel like typing it out again, so give that a read if you have time.

The fact that MW is not as strong as those specs is literally irrelevant for 99% of the playerbase. In my guild we run a resto druid and MW for every fight. Do you think we have run into a single problem because we use those two “bad” classes? Do you think it’s somehow hindering us on fights where damage reduction is huge like Mythic Council?

Yes it does lol

It’s relevant for everybody who wants to play MW and not be a masochist that lies to themselves in order to make them feel better about the sad state the spec is in.

1 Like

X spec being better does not mean Y spec is bad, even relatively like you say.

Yes it does lol

So… Resto Shaman being the overall best healer spec means that Disc/Hpaladin is “bad” because they aren’t as good for the most part? Could the same thing be said for other parts of the game? Barrier is a 25% DR for 10 seconds. Does that mean AM is bad because it’s 20% for 8 seconds?

It’s relevant for everybody who wants to play MW and not be a masochist that lies to themselves in order to make them feel better about the sad state the spec is in.

Sad state? My man, you are 2/10 LFR. You literally don’t play Mistweaver at all. Why are you talking about how the spec performs in a raid environment? I can understand if you think it’s bad in PvP but… PvE? What are you basing it on? How is the specs performance relevant for you right now?

What are you people even doing? All you do is bring doom and gloom when you have no idea what you are talking about. Try actually speaking to people who are progressing the last few bosses in Mythic, or better yet, have actually killed them while playing Mistweaver. Go ask the math wizards, theorycrafters, top MW players if the spec is underpowered. See if they say the spec is in a “sad state” performance wise. My guild is playing with a Resto Druid and Mistweaver and we are killing Mythic Council tomorrow. Do you think having a MW or Druid means we’ll spend longer on it? Do you think we will have more wipes on the next boss, Sludgefist, because we have those two classes? Do you think we have been held back by our healer setup at any point during this tier?

It baffles me that you speak about healer balance and act like you would just “bring the same healers” without understanding why. You don’t make a cake with just frosting because that’s disgusting. Healer comps are the same, as in you don’t just stack X ingredient because it does more for your cake than Y ingredient does.