How can i get back into WoW

OK, so:

Feeling of Progression

The devs consider the ease of catch-up more important than the satisfaction of progression in Retail.

Yes, they do. And that does leech out your motivation to progress. So that makes Retail unattractive to you.

Would that still be the case if you were with a guild, progressing together through the expansion? Clearly, people on the leading edge can still feel that satisfaction of progress. But yeah, for most of us, progress is now pretty meaningless.

GDKP

This is the announcement of forbidding GDKP runs:

Which clarifies:

Does this policy change affect WoW Classic Era, WoW Classic Hardcore, Wrath of the Lich King Classic, or any other version of World of Warcraft other than Season of Discovery?

• No. At this time, this policy change will only affect WoW Classic: Season of Discovery.

Ofc, we are now in Cata Classic rather than Wrath Classic, but GDKP is still allowed in Cata Classic.

Now, I don’t understand your question “How can i play Season of Discovery, if they still do the GDKP stuff in Classic WoW?”

Do you consider GDKP a good thing, or are you saying you wouldn’t play a version with GDKP?

How does allowing GDKP in Cata Classic affect what you feel in SoD? I’m a little confused here.