How does one become a popular WoW streamer?

I tend to keep going back to channels where:
The streamer is really good at the game they are streaming, and explains key moments.
The streamer interacts with the chat a lot during game play, and is entertaining. High energy streamers like Pikaboo are always fun to watch

I avoid people I find offensive, people who offer bland delivery of the content they stream, those I never go back to.

Stream in English if possible, widens the audience, universal gaming language and all that.

2 Likes

How is humanly possible to interact with chat so much and provide great content. Its an enormous energy waste. You basically want everything, you want a good player,entertaining, chats a lot and is a great at his/her class, People have crazy standards these days, Well good luck replying to 100 messages+ every few minutes. Besides that having huge amount of followers the chat is chaotic , you can barely catch any comment. I agree with the English language.

I donā€™t stream - Iā€™m telling you what makes me follow / Sub to channels.

Which is what I thought you were asking - srry my bad.

Well, those are the things you need anyway to be successful. Or be very, very, very good at the game like drainerx.

1 Like

tell twitch to unban me and ill show you

The secret is much like with Youtube: To be original. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then you have to be original in everything: Your personality, mood, how you behave and last but not least the actual content. One can even play a personality like some on Youtube and Twitch (Boogie, Pewdiepie). If you sit on your stream quiet without engaging in your viewers, not many will watch your stream. If you however prove that you care for your viewers in many different ways, and is friendly you can get popular.

2 Likes

You need to talk a lot to your adience with charisma

Random content is not enough to get people to start watching you, it often needs to be something you are good at

1 Like

I hate to break it to you, but I donā€™t think streaming is for you. You donā€™t seem to understand what makes a stream successful. There are lots of streams out there showing people just playing WoW; what makes the popular streams popular is the person behind it. You want to watch a person who makes the stream more entertaining through their personality. If you think that just by streaming WoW itā€™ll be enough, then I genuinely donā€™t think itā€™ll work out for you.

5 Likes

AnnieFuschia.

I knew there was another, but it really took me a minute to remember. Also Panser, ofc, but I think sheā€™s more on the YouTube side.

Being an as$hole seems to help, most of the bigger ones are.

HOW DOES ONE BECOME A POPULAR WOW STREAMER

Be a gaimer gurll with pink/green hair and when streaming wear a thigh bra or/and underwear-ish pants with your thighs exposed. And moan/do girly sounds, a lot.

2 Likes

You can always follow basic 101 rule for journalists: ā€œBad news is good newsā€.

Negativism always attracts a lot more than positive. Just trash talk or something. You are bound to attractā€¦somebody if not more.

1 Like

:thinking:

Yes, how does one become famous - I think everyone is asking that :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know if there is a recipe for it, or it happens by chance :woman_shrugging:

A lot of the time I think it happens because of recommendations from others; ā€œThis guy is cool, watch himā€

One of my favorite bloggers was Dora The Explorer, I found her when I was searching for something else - but her unusual way of sending her char around in Azeroth made it fun to read her blog :blush:

I have tried to watch some WoW streamers, but I havenā€™t tripped over one I found interesting enough to watch the entire stream - and I click on both the popular and the less popular ones to see what they send.
They all seem the same to me, and all send the same - and I find that boring :confused:

I think personality is one of the biggest reasons for having a popular stream - also advertising obviously, alongside quality content.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I saw a stream of her few days ago i forgot her name . Panser iā€™m not really a fan of
she is like Looxkmaxxed said about female streamers
She uses her body for views

For me, I will support and watch streamers if they:

• Have a consistent schedule. I donā€™t just watch random streams. Iā€™ll only join streams Iā€™m fully committed to, and Iā€™d expect the same from the streamer. You could only stream once a month, but as long as itā€™s consistent I donā€™t care.
  • Are entertaining. If they have a likeable personality and/or come across as kinda quirky, then Iā€™ll stick around. You could suck at the game and Iā€™d still be your number 1 fan.
  • Do not disrespect your viewers.
  • Are not Asmongold. If youā€™re not Asmongold then itā€™s very likely I may tune in.
3 Likes

Hazel her stream is always chill
She has a cam for her cute doggy
And somtimes cat looks like wants to stream to :grin:

Just say ā€˜Boom headshot!ā€™ and laugh like a maniac, and youll be popular, works for that swedish dude

Complain constantly about how WoW is too grindy, but Classic was perfect despite being more grindy.

Hop into whatever complaint is flavour of the month. Right now it would be benthic gear and having to reroll them for sockets. If thereā€™s no glaring bandwagons, just fall back into the tried and true method of complaining about how World Quests are terrible, but doing 25/25 daily quests in WotLK was just perfect.

Apply to similar situations, repeat, profit.

3 Likes

Stick with it and dont expect success.