How much are Swift Spectral Tigers?

I still remember when Spectral Tigers cost around 600k gold. Inflation is crazy.

Indeed, I sold a Spectral Tiger Cub for 560k, and I had bought it for 14k gold during MoP.

Only someone with big problems buy “swift spectral tiger” , 4-5k euro is insane money for a digital cat.

That is like one months salary, spend your life on something more meaningful (and if you still thinking about it call a doctor ASAP!)

Cheers :beers:

No need for the petty insults.

Cheers.

No insults! I’m worried for those people’s health, this is a real encouragement to seek help if they going to buy this digital cat for 4-5k euro!

And if u have stacks of money and this makes you super happy sure, but talk it over with someone else!

Personally I’d never buy one for that price - but you’d be surprised. I had 2 players from Dubai in my old guild who would pay for guildies subs and transfers. There is people out there with more money than sense :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, have friends from Dubai and those people have stacks of money to buy something for 4-5k euro is like to buy candy :lollipop: haha! But most people have to sell their kidneys, and I know how addictive WoW can be :sweat_smile:

Take care and look out for each other! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What’s a swift spectral tiger?

I got mine back in TBC. I quite enjoyed collecting the TCG cards and was simply lucky to get the card in one of the packs.
I had quite a long internal discussion with myself whether I should use it for myself or sell it on eBay. It went for around 600 dollars at the time, which was quite a penny for a young student. But I rationalized that I would play WoW for so long that it would be worth having it for myself, despite the monetary value of it.

So since it came out in TBC and until now it has seemingly gone from 600 dollars to 6000 dollars over the course of ~13 years. It’s not Pokemon cards levels of crazy, but it is funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s the right spirit!

No seriously what is it? A ridiculously rare mount?

Where from?

It’s a rare and an epic mount that you originally got through a trading card with a code on it.
The trading cards are no longer sold, so the mount is effectively unobtainable these days.
It has sometimes been awarded as a prize for various competitions that Blizzard have had as well.
And since the mounts are BoE and the card is a physical object, then one can be sold in-game and the other can be sold in the real world, and both go for high amounts of gold or money.

Ah OK thanks.

Surely the same happens for turtles too? Or were the turtles more common.

The turtle mount had the same rarity in the trading cards as the Spectral tiger. 1 in 500 packs or so. But it was from a different set.
Some of the old trading card items have had a resurrection on the Black Market Auction House since though, so you can sometimes buy them from there. But not the Spectral Tiger.

It’s not madness to spend that amount of money on a digital item in a game if you can afford it. The devaluation of a new car for example is often twice that amount pr year.

Would I personally justify spending that much on digital goods? No way, but I respect that other people might prioritize differently.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.