How’s AD for newcomers?

OOC = Out of Character. IC = In character and PCU is a RP community!

But welcome if you choose to come here! Contrary to above, I do not believe SW is very secluded, it’s entirely possible to find RP there, as it is almost anywhere.
Should you choose to join the server there is plenty of threads highlighting communities and active Roleplaying areas. As with all servers there is bad apples but I think you can with ease find yourself a comfortable spot among us!

3 Likes

There is no generalisation (in the end it just like PvE and PvP when you are new. Some don’t mind it, some do) Add “New to RP” into your RP profile and you’ll help yourself massively.

There isn’t really any duels going on infront of the SW gates (I could always be wrong) - but you should know that as long as you don’t actively try and disrupt on going RP, for example through toy spam, you won’t really get on anyones nerves for enjoying the game in your way. It’s a big live and let live.

PvP is turned off by default in every zone. Usually people keep it that way, exceptions are always present of course. War Mode is somewhat popular, I believe but from my experience, it’s just as lonely. My paladin who’s sitting at level 50 right now was leveled in War Mode and I didn’t encounter any Horde on the way to that level.

I hope you enjoy your stay and find likeminded people to discover your hopefully newfound love for RP.

You guys pretty much answered my puzzled situation. Guess all that’s left is to actually step in and give it a try. Thank you all and have a good one!

2 Likes

Going to have to see your desire to RP passport before I let you past

https://i.gyazo.com/00ad17889f8c5707b936ed741c4202aa.png

https://i.gyazo.com/a19e48905cff9434706d8d8af278ba11.png

Alright. Come right in, king

10 Likes

6 Likes

People are nice. They care deeply about RP and standards. You’ll find it’s to the benefit of your own experiences if you check out this thread here, specifically for newcomers:

3 Likes

Hahaha great sense of humor aswell. People seem legit :smile:

1 Like

It’s a great server but sometimes i do feel like its a bit closed off it can be a very guild oriented server sometimes. People tend to keep to themselves within their own guilds but dont get me wrong there is open roleplay too i tend to find it more with the night elves than anyone else.

Welcome to AD…. and congratulations getting pass security.

1 Like

To be honest, only thing that worries me is the lack of the opposing faction presence when leveling up and such, due to the limited sharding. Like some have mentioned here that it was rare that they would stumble upon other hordes. I just hope i would actually come across some of them and do some fun wpvp action ! Makes leveling a bit more fun outside of bgs and dungeons.

Argent Dawn used to be a PvE realm so most of the people here, and likely on other RP realms, tend to avoid War Mode. There are the exceptions of course. But I’ve found that people who like PvP tend to prefer Arena/BG’s here.

Warmode has plenty of chances to meet others but it tends to be above 60, since before then the desired levelling areas (for swift leveling that is) is quite a distance away but last night at level 80, I duked it out with another hunter on my alt! So it’s entirely possible.

Then we have the warmode raids people do at times in the high level zones.

Whatever you do; stay away from Goldshire. You don’t want to be there for anything really, not even Duels or PvP.

Aside from that; welcome to the server!
I’d suggest, if you plan on RPing a Night Elf, that perhaps you start your search on one of the many Kalimdor-based Night Elf guilds! But ofcourse you can always join one of the many Alliance-orientated guilds to!

But as stated before; get abit into it at first; do some walk up RP, get to know the way abit in RP and what you want your character to act like, maybe set some goals during the initial RP with your chars! And ofcourse if you need help the forums are a great way to go; but you can always PM RPers ingame to!

2 Likes

I will second all that Moridunum said above. And, I will agree with him about the PM of specific players.
If you ever feel nervous and want a hand, or RP with someone that won’t judge, feel free to toss me a message.

1 Like

I’ll gladly do the steps slowly, thank you both for the highlight :slight_smile: However, why should i avoid Goldshire ? What’s bad about it ?

It has become a den for lolers, trolls and other questionable stuff I’m not going to mention, not the best place to find yourself in, at least in WM off.

2 Likes

Lots of erotic role play.

1 Like

Goldshire is the sordid detritus of the RP community. It is essentially a collective of individuals and OOC’ers using the server’s RP tag to act out habits not suited to the PEGI rating of the game.

If you ever see a youtube video purporting to give roleplayers a bad name - whether in the US, or the EU, it will always hone in on Goldshire. It’s not that these habits are confined to Goldshire (as some recent jade witchery attests) but it is particularly prevalent and visible.

A very bad place to get your start in RP my friend.

EDIT: I would offer further detail but that’s liable to get the thread locked eventually. Hopefully that gives you some indication.

1 Like

Oh i see. Will definitely check it out due to the curiosity nature that is built in us humans i guess.

Just… don’t fall into the temptation….

3 Likes