How’s AD for newcomers?

I wouldn’t.

3 Likes

pats Sad to hear you completely damn an entire hub and -all- the people in there.

Yes. Very easily, actually.

4 Likes

I understand that, I’m just sad to hear it’s so easy for you and hope you expand your experiences a bit rather than just damn it all.

They exist. Much like good people exist elsewhere, eventho I have experienced majority of butt-hattery and people with some sticks in places they should not go.

I’ve been on this server for nearly a decade. My experience tells me to avoid that place, and to advise newcomers do the same.

I’ve been here for 15 years - my experience tells me otherwise.
I warn them of the overall, as I said in my first post you cut out from;

“I’d even argue Goldshire has good RP and good people, but there’s a multitude of not-so-good things going on in the open and that hinders the biggest potentials is has.”

Just gonna add; No point “arguing” or even attempting to discuss this, tho, we’ve both said what our views are.

So you’ve been here for 15 years but you haven’t noticed the absolutely disgusting state that Goldshire is in. Even some websites made articles about it. Don’t be another draenei poster

1 Like

You seem to miss the entirety of my post, and my point.
This right here is part of the issue.

Goldshire was an OK roleplay hub in 2008 at the very very latest - as in it was literally what Stormwind/Darkshire are today

There’s been a massive decline brought about by off-realm trial alt ERPers - but you see those in Stormwind too now

4 Likes

I can only imagine what 15 years of Goldshire RP does to one’s mind…

You see those everywhere. My argument was that good people can be found even in oceans of horrible souls.

I don’t think so mate

2 Likes

And I can only imagine what over a decade of missing points, cutting what people say so it fits your agenda, and feeling the need to try bully others does…

I’m very new to this server, and while I can only really speak of the Horde community, I have found them to be very welcoming and open.

I joined a PCU guild and it has worked well for me. There’s cooperation and fun between the guilds and across factions that has been great to see.

I’m not new to RP though, and I’d highly suggest what a few others have suggested and that is to find your character first before joining a guild so you can find something that suits your character and needs more readily. There’s nothing more disheartening than joining a guild, really loving the people there … but having to leave because your character doesn’t fit.

As for world pvp … just turn on Warmode. There’s plenty of us Horde out there waiting for your death :slight_smile: It does appear to be more higher levels though. I’d say 70+ and mostly at 120. AD itself is extremely Alliance-heavy but Horde from other RP realms do phase in, especially in the later evening hours. The system isn’t perfect but that’s Warcraft.

You will have to keep turning warmode off though to RP as that is done in pve mode.

Don’t go near Goldshire. If you have to for some rare legit reason, wear a biohazard suit.

Download TotalRP 3. It’s an RP mod used by most folks that allows you to customise your character name, add history, and other details. It also lets you add things like ‘New to RP’ in an OOC box which will very much help how folks treat you (i.e., with more patience).

I look forward to killing you!

A

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.