How the F do i get shiny pet charm now?

Im trying to get the narcissas mirror for a whopping 1000 Shiny Pet Charms.

The problem is I have 0 and I dont have any pets level 25, all in level 1…

Saw a couple of old posts about this but I highly doubt the relevance of these

1 Like

Not sure if this will help, maybe check the WoW companion app and see if any of the older expansions are doing the shiny ones?

I am using up my spare rep in the Shadowland expansion on the app and getting quite a few of the polished pet charms - few hundred a week across a number of chars.

Update - I may have given duff advice, just checked one of my chars across the prev expansions and none were showing any shiny pet charms as a reward today … :disappointed:

You can do a lot of WQ Pet battles with level 1 Pets, and it just scales down the WQ Pet down to the same level as the highest one in your party.

It works for most Pet Battles, and that s how I raised lots of Shiney Pet Charms.

Legion WQ pet battles, Legion tabble sometimes
…and Draeenor pet managerie quest

Which old posts and why do you doubt their relevance?

The ONLY way to get Narcissa’s Mirror is with Shiny Pet Charms.

Shiny Pet Charms are mostly earned from Legion WQ.

I’m not sure how effecrive Boon of the Zookeeper is these days, but you could try it.

You can also get some from Draenor dailies, but not very many.

Even as Level 1, you don’t have very many pets, nor the ones you would necessarily need to defeat Legion battles.

You will need Level 25s.

Here is a guide to the various ways to get your first pet to 25: Guide: How to get your first pet to 25

Note Approach 5: The Dragonflight Lubbins quesline. With any level 70, that will get you a couple of level 25 pets in an hour or so.

Once you have at least one Level 25, you can buy and learn more from the auction house.

After that, https://www.wow-petguide.com/Section/16/World_Quests gives you lots of strategies for defeating Legion Tamers to get Shiny Charms. From that list, you can decide the pets you want to buy or otherwise obtain.

2 Likes

A bit off thread but I was looking at my diary for what I was doing ten years ago today and surprise surprise I was on Isle of Spears Howling Ford farming Worg Pups and levelling to 85 as ever using Battle Pets. I got bored with MoP and was enjoying the new freedom of Pets as a way of levelling. Yes you can level your own character by simply doing Battle Pets… and nothing else. It’s what I do.

Here is the thing, if you want something bad enough you gotta put in the grind. That is what the reward is for. To level pets sufficient for these rewards you research the processes and then set to going for it. If I recall the ‘shiny’ things you talk of were also a reward from my Garrison Pet trainer. Could be wrong, but even for me a bonkers pet player I couldn’t be bothered with such a grind.

Here is my recipe for 25s… You take two critter killers and a Level 1 [ anything ]. You find a circuit of critters, thats rabbits, squirrels, rats and then you work your cycle. One full circuit you not only level a new pet to 25 but also you level your character one whole level. Critter killers are say Fledgling Nether Ray [ Netherstorm ], Baby Ape [ Strangelthorn Jaguero Island when its raining ] Just easy pets to get. These pets are one shot hitters… you don’t want to be messing about levelling pets or yourself now do you. There are similar circuits on all the expansions, I just like Northrend. Doesn’t matter really.

Read what Grainne said and you won’t go wrong. Grainne is the Oracle on such things.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.