How to do Challenging Content with a range of skill levels

No, I didn’t think you would tbh. However, OP understood what I was getting at by the line you quoted.

I agree with Googlewack, the fact that I’ve stopped enjoying doing dongeons 2 months after Legion launched might have to do to the whole Mythic+ thing.

It was a “you think you do but you dont” kind of system for me. I tought I was enjoying it when it released, but it really burned me down and made me take a brake after 2 months of Legion. That also because of the artifact power infinite farm ideea.

I get what Googlewack is saying, and that is that every dungeon should have a different dificulty level besides Mythic, but within its own thing. Like not copy paste the affixes over all dungeons, insteand have every dungeon its unique “story” and “mobs” that gives that difficulty. Prob like mythic raid fights are having more phases, or the boss does 1-2 more spells etc.

Another thing I hate, and I’ve seen it mentioned above is the whole specatle about routes and the feeling of “open world dungeon” where I am leaving mobs alive. WTF … I really can’t get this and can’t stand the ideea of skipping mobs, leaving mobs alive. I’ve barely manage to get over it during MoP’s Challange Modes, but the ideea was the same SPEED + ROUTES… yuck.

Don’t get me wrong, I like speed, I like power, I like killing everything in my path, but choosing routes depending on affixes, it might seem to “revirgorate” the dungeon’s life span but for me it just makes me avoid all PvE part of the game. I’ve played M+ during BFA just because Blizzard forced me to, and was feeling like a “lady” with loose morals with every dungeon I’ve done, since I was feeling like puking when I was doing the content, but was force to do it, just so I could stand a change in 2s PvP.

Also, I would do M+ max gear ilvl until somehting like M+5 or M+10, then everything over should be just a fight for fake supremacy or more items, NOT HIGHER ILVL. Just like Diablo’s Rift rewards are build. You push higher rifts, you get more loot, NOT BETTER ONE.

1 Like

Well, that is of course exactly what we got. Except we are not getting more loot the higher we get. And it is loot that is lower than the highest ilvl loot in the game. There is no BiS to achieve in M+ dungeons. It is exactly for fake supremacy. It has 0 purpose.

Don’t get me wrong, I used the term “fake supremacy” cause I don’t know a better english term. For what its worth, I also enjoyed doing GR110 in Diablo 3, even though there was no purpuse doing it, more then challenging myself and being on a board.

But in WoW, you need to do M+14 and M+15 in order to obtain the highest ilvl the content has to offer. The MDI has NOTHING to do with gear, so why even mix the gearing with this system in the first place. I know, to make it so people want to do IT, but it should have a much lower level key needed for the HIGHest ilvl obtained.
In D3 you get 100% of all at GR35, IIRC. In WoW, you should get that in M+5, and the rest should be either more items, or … leadbords fight.

I dont know anything about diablo. And M+ on live servers has nothing to do with MDI.

Obviously the game could also work with just 10 levels till max level loot, we had that before in legion and bfa seasons. But on the other side, it is not hurting anyone the steps of difficulty are not too big. It makes it more accessable.

Well, what do you listen to?
I hate ABBA but can tolerate Cold Play (don’t have any albums or anything). Foo Fighters for me or if I’m feeling nostalgic some R.E.M.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.