How to start RP

So I made a Char on AD and I wonder how to properly engage or start RP with other people. Are there any rules or guidelines I have to obey to experience good RP? If so feel free to help me

3 Likes

Hello there! This thread can explain many good points about it!

5 Likes

Welcome to Argent Dawn, best server in World of Warcraft.

6 Likes
4 Likes

tbf its not a high bar

Name a better server and prove you mean it by transferring there or retract that funny video immediately

3 Likes

My Minecraft server! Beat that Home boy!

12 Likes

Hi! Glad to have you here, and even more glad that you’ve decided to give RPing here a go!

Being the one to start RP with a stranger can be a daunting thing to do and I’ve known RPers who have been on AD for years have trouble with it at times. One of the best things to do, I’ve found, is to look at someones ‘currently’ or ‘glances’ in their TRP3 profile (an RP addon you can install to make life a lot easier/flesh out your character for other people) and approach them with a question regarding it.

It works on two fronts, as it shows that you’re paying attention to them/their character as well as actively encouraging them to talk to you in some depth about their character. From that point on, the conversation can just lead itself!

I do recommend you check out the link my boo Kump posted as well, it’s well worth the read. If you have any questions/can’t find someone to RP you can add my btag - Kother#2156 - and I’ll be more than happy to pop onto a Horde character and RP :smiley:

4 Likes

DM me the ip address.

Step one - lock eyes with the prey, I mean person your about to engage with.

Step two - (seeing how your troll) Say wagwan at start of every greetings, say Mon at end of every sentence, say da voodoo at random times. Also don’t forget to insult people who you dislike by telling them their momma was a baitfish mon.

Step three - congratualtions the quick guide to legendary rp is complete.

Hey there! Welcome to the Server.

It’s a little daunting to approach people sometimes, but it gets easier once you realize that nearly everybody that’s waiting around isn’t going to deliberately ignore you.

Grab the TRP or MRP addon, look around for a character that seems interesting to you and initiate. I find that initiating with a question like “Hello, how’re you?” gives the person you’re approaching enough to work with to come up with a tangible answer. Give your partner enough to respond to and bounce off of in your /says and /emotes.

Don’t be afraid to ask your roleplaying partners questions! About lore, or how to improve or anything. If you’re feeling a little shy, you can save it until the end and ask after breaking the ice by thanking them for the roleplay in a /w. It’s better to do so in /w so it doesn’t disturb any other roleplayers in the area.

Even after reading advice and guidelines from other roleplayers, mistakes will happen every so often or a roleplay might go south on an out-of-character level. It’s natural, try to be diplomatic when it does and try learn from it.

In short: Have fun! Ask other players if you’re ever stuck in the moment, and not every experience will be great through no fault of anybody involved - but don’t let it distract you from the good majority! If you blunder, laugh at your blunders and move on.

I hope you have a great time here.

2 Likes

A fornite team rumble vs. WoW AD.

Fortnite
No toy spam
No meta
Queue 1m for immersive RP PvP
No erp
Almost no elves except highborne
Default dance

WoW AD RP
Toy spam
ERP
Meta
Immersive RP pvp takes months to prepare
Void elves
No default dance.

I rest my case… also Dudflex’s real dirt estate is lit.

1 Like

I still don’t understand why people won’t buy my dirt, it’s part of a healthy breakfast.

1 Like

… i suspect an illegal dirt trading ring may be present.

1 Like

Umm, anyhow I suppose.

If you see me in game, tell me you think my staff is stupid or something. That will get Prof talking.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.