How Warmode ruined world PvP

It makes sense to rebalance the region wm pop so that they are relatively equal. And relatively equal for player types within wm. Incentivising the outnumbered is one way to do that.

1 Like

Before WM I only found WPvP fun on Defias Brotherhood, simply because the server itself was balanced. However the PvP servers rarely was a fun experience, since believe it or not servers are not even for the most part; Most Servers was 80/20 or perhaps even 90/10, how can any side have fun during these polarized conditions. WM have it’s flaws but for the most part it’s quite fair and even now adays.

LFG tool are the big elephant in the room, however some worship the LFG tool like Ganesha and other people really hate what it acomplishes. I must say I’m probably one of the more sceptical to how the LFG tool impacts the promises of WM. Basicly because it skews normally balanced shards into multiple unbalanced ones and even during AOO this commonly favors the horde(due to sheer numbers) except in those one or two shards where AOO deathballs forms.

The smaler but not insignificant elephant are the WM bonus. Even if +10% don’t sound like much, PvE players will always opt in for it when it’s safe enought and PvE players even if they generally don’t PvP still always attack while in numbers.

That’s why AOO even got invented, cause Alliance PvE did the “right thing” and opted out while Horde’s PvE Opted in, why whould they not it was a free 10% for a long time. This caused quite huge differences in numbers and PvE horde could simply swarm people even if they in general didn’t care about PvP at all.

So yeah a removal of bonuses whould be fine from my PoV. Or perhaps a shift to bonuses corresponding with a PvP mode whould be better. But then again this whould require a whole “remake” of the PvP rewards, perhaps even a full remake of how PvP itemization functions. But this whould not be a bad thing in my opinion
 The hard to find PvP vendors and annoying PvP stats was never an issue before and if they where I rarely heard of it
 Perhaps Ion was so lost on the way to the PvP vendor he ended up outside of /1 and could no longer ask for help. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

WM, like the old PvP servers, is a PvE game mode with PvP added to it. PvE is an integral part of WM.

Some players mostly PvE, some PvE and PvP, some mostly PvP. That all seems fair enough to me in a PvE+PvP game mode. Each player type plays their part in WPvP.

If there’s an excess of PvE players being unchallenged, that’s easily fixed by PvPing them. However, conflict levels seem good in WM, don’t see the problem.

1 Like

It really is sad because mostly the reason why people have warmode on is becuase of the extra rewards there is more than one thing that ruins warrmode for me it’s the LFG groups that ruin warmode becuase noone has a clue how to fight as a guild
 Guild rivalries are not even a thing in WPvP anymore becuase shards are so aids. I miss the old days when we had PvP servers etc it made the game feel good you could WPvP guild rivalries and it made the game feel alive blizz please bring it back D:

World PvP is better than it has been for 4 expansions. It’s active and that is the absolute most important thing. The only terrible element is healers, but they have been toxic for years now.

2 Likes

Wpvp is always fun aslong as no tanks or healers are involved in the fights. Then they just become stompfest because the side with healer or tank can just overwhelm you with your opponent not dying or the tank is slowing you down so much you cant do anything.

I love wpvp (and the 20%) extra rewards I get from it
 especially when lvling my alts. As for the horde side, I think it was way faster to lvl without wpvp on. And to be honest I always got a biased opinion about horde players, who tend to play like pussies and bring their healers to fights.

2 Likes

World pvp where i a has never been more alive or rather not since tbc.

2 Likes

What killed World PvP in the first place was flying being introduced into the game, Warmode is actually what brought it somewhat back to life and it definitely feels a lot more alive out in the zones now with the warmode.

1 Like

Flying is one of my fav aspects of wpvp. Much fun knocking em out of the sky :relaxed:

See what anonymous players think of WM in my WM activity and satisfaction survey!

1 Like

I like getting more XP for World PvP. Risk vs reward.

I mean, I’d enable it anyway but still.

2 Likes

Getting zerged isn’t fun, and that’s all warmode is about.

Invasion is again unplayable so I guess the pvp quest (that’s clearly working) is up again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.