How will they even implement flying in SL?

Do they surround the zones with invisible walls?

Outland has no fatigue between the zones but you encounter invisible walls around it. SL is spread out on several “islands”, so do they let us fly in the in between or do we have magical barriers preventing that?

If it were up to me, if you were flying out of a zone, I’d port the player to the Maw and splat them on the ground. (Clearly, the brokers control the Shadowlands, and they want their taxi money.)

Most likely invisible walls with heavy fogging.

2 Likes

I guess it’s possible to implement something like the debuff given when flying above the Emerald Nightmare in Val’sharah where if you don’t leave after a few seconds you get teleported out.

A notable mention is the Wandering Isle in MoP, while it’s a starting zone and has no flying, if you enter ocean water you immediately get teleported to a safe location on the island (a fisherman caught you while unconscious and saved you).

Each zone is entered via a portal, when travelling from Oribos. We may have to do the same.

Why not just let us fly till Fatigue?

POSSIBLE SPOILER-ISH BELOW

Possible Spoiler But if *the* Maldraxxus is indeed a (formerly?) living creature, that secret may not be officially out in 9.1, so they may want to continue to restrict our view of it.

You’ll probably die if you get out of the zone.
I tried using the glider to reach an island in Ardenweald but it killed me while i was in the air.

Lol maybe if you like posting spoilers you would like to utilize this feature.

2 Likes

The ‘Stargate’ timey wimey areas are actually loading screens, so no there will be no flying between zones.

1 Like

IDK I just assumed since there’s no fatigue in Outland it might not be their style for zones floating in space. Not even sure how they implement it since fatigue zones are kind of defined by the depth of the sea floor.

Also far enough from land you eventually transition into a no fly zone which might be a bit awkward over a bottomless pit.

2 Likes

i thought someone managed to glide from oribos to one of the zones though??

I’m pretty sure all zones are on the same map/world, yes. Can you get manually from one zone to another without exploits? That’s not something I know.

As I said they might just wall each zone in a cube of invisible walls (with thick fog as someone said) and call it a day.

Personally I like fatigue better as a “don’t go to places you’re not supposed to” mechanic as it feels more natural. You can fly (or even swim on an aquatic mount) from Teldrassil to Darkshore before the fatigue bar depletes but you can’t just go venturing into the unknown as you’ll quickly die.

Those islands are empty unless there’s a WQ on one of them for the transport system (Marasmius - a mushroom being.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.