Huge RP Player Base?

Hi guys,

I’m currently unsubscribed. I’m an RPer when I do play WoW and this weekend (Sunday evening) I logged onto AD and rolled a quick toon for a wander around. I headed immediately into SW and could not believe the number of RPers around the place! Pretty much all over the city I saw lots of people walking (a sure pointer to an RPer in my experience).

I went to the Shady Lady and also the Cathedral Square (both events were advertised in /general so I heard about them there). I was blown away at the number of people RPing. I must have seen literally a hundred RP toons in the hour or so I wandered the streets.

My question is: Was this normal or an exception?

Being on a “starter” account I could not join in (no access to /say as a starter sucks), so all I could do was sit and listen to the RP. Which is, in itself, quite fun.

I’m seriously considering resubbing for some RP fun and would probably do so if this is what is typical behaviour on AD these days?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Blakey
AKA:-
Reynard Ferrand, Kul’Tiran merchant captain
Fenodyree the White, dwarven master smith

4 Likes

It was probably quite normal. Depending on the time, 19-23 RT appear to be the peak roleplaying hours; people get off work, off school and so on.

It should, however, be noted that Stormwind also plays a big part. The city is and has always been a large, if not the largest, roleplaying hub and as such there’ll always be more roleplayers there than in any other place. Take into account that roleplay is not as active in other places.

Overall, the roleplaying community on Argent Dawn is fairly healthy and I’d heartily recommend subscribing for roleplay!

3 Likes

sdfshgs

But huge amount of RPers is quite normal in Stormwind. It’s a player hub and it’s to be expected that a big chunk of the Alliance RPers are there.

1 Like

Argent Dawn is most definitely alive, and that’s the normal nightly experience for Stormwind, yes. There are some smaller RP hubs around the world too, I know people like Darkshire. I’ve recently seen guilds basing out of Surwich and Amberpine Lodge, as well. I think the Nelf community RPs somewhere in Ashenvale these days, having moved up from Feralas again, probably in Astranaar.

Orgrimmar’s Valley of Honour is the big horde hub I think, but Horde RP is much more guild focused and not quite as popular, so their hubs are not as populated, as I understand.

Keep in mind that this is an EU server so you can expect much more activity at night, when people are off work/school etc, especially on Fridays and weekends.

Also, yeah, I also only play to RP. My main is still in quest gear, and the rest of my 120s are even worse off, having been spammed through island expeditions. With scaling gone from PVP and PVE being so mind numbing that I struggle to finish normal dungeons or single quests without boredlogging, RP is my only incentive right now. Also transmogging. :>

By the way, I notice you think the best way to spot an RPer is by whether they’re walking around. You do have a roleplay profile addon such as TRP installed, don’t you? I suggest getting one if you don’t, it’s the number one necessity! I can’t remember the last time I saw someone roleplay without one. Maybe back in 2010?

2 Likes

Hello!
Well, most things are said above, for casual RP Stormwind is a large hub, you would also enjoy guild RP and other stuffs, there are amazing guilds Around AD!
Also you can keep an eye on forums for upcoming events and campaigns, which would be quite fun to attend, and personally i prefer them over casual RP in city hubs
Overall, subscription for RP is indeed worth and i suggest it! We are here for you!

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick warning: SW RP tends to be…eh.

3 Likes

The number of roleplayers within Stormwind is very high, their roleplay tends to be slightly less great. From screeming profanities in /yell, vrykul warriors and even child rpers…

Sarcasm aside, Stormwind has always been populated being the main rp hub on the server for Alliance.

The only /yells that should be heard, should be the yells of the glorious Vrykul raiders pillaging the place.

2 Likes

At least it’s not Boralus.

It’s okay.

Anything wrong with Boralus? I haven’t roleplayed there.

First time I went there I saw a Void Elf and a Night Elf beside the staircase to the tavern ERPing.

Which tavern?

Asking for a friend?

1 Like

No, this is 100% sponsored by Babubebab. Wondering if it’s that Cozy Sailor inn in Trade District. That would make some sort of sense. If it’s another place, then i want to know what to avoid.

Smug Harbor Inn.

Ah yes, that’s the one in the Non-RP hub, right? I wouldn’t count on much proper RP there until the next Expansion.

Thanks for the responses all. That has encouraged me to seriously consider resubbing.

I’ve just posted a toon idea ([A] Sorcerer's Apprentice). Hopefully that will be of interest to someone. If it is I may well splash some cash and resub!

Cheers
Blakey

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.