I am currently paying for an NPC in Oggrimmar

A few days ago, i decided to jump on the wotlk classic train with a boosted character. Joined an RP server, so I spent my first day sneaking around Ogrimmar tricking people to sign up for my guild. Finally got the 10 signatures before the server restart! Then, while talking to the guild guy, the game stops responding. No biggie, right? Server just goes down and I’ll play more tomorrow. Right? No.

My boosted character seems to have survived the realm reboot and is now chronically online. He survived the reboot, so you can bet your balls he survived me playing retail and he also makes the stuck character service fail. Contacting the GM’s gained me a generic response from some dingus pretending to be cute and apologizing for not working while asking me to reset my ui, log out for 30 minutes and switching characters. The character survives me playing retail and the god damn server going down and up, yet my addons are somehow involved?! Keep fishing.

At the moment, the only solution I see is not renewing my subscription to see if the bastard survives that as well. 2 days of gametime vs the GM’s. I have a feeling my character will win.

1 Like

I’m lost.

Playing retail WoW is supposed to log you out of classic. I have not been able to play this champ since the guild thing crapped out before the restart. If my subscription to the game runs out and he’s still online, he won.

2 Likes

How will you check if he’s still online?

Is it the one you’re posting on here? If yes, he’s online now :wink:

More fun. I wnt to Orgrimmar to see him - he’s not there, at least not near Horde Embassy (where you make guilds). I tried targetting him som distance, he does not show up. Unfortunately I’m not on a HUnter, so can’t check as well as I’d like to.

I would guess they are getting, “A Character with that name already exists”.

Imagine not checking out a realm before using something important like using a boost.

How on earth would checking out a realm stop this bug from happening?

@Benisdamenis: try creating another toon to log in on and then relogging to your rogue.

1 Like

I guess spending a whole day trying to find 12 or so people would be a reason, also it’s an almost empty realm.

They will have difficulty finding players to join.

A GM told them to try something like that so they should have already tried it.

You’re offline now :slight_smile:

I checked too and they are not at the guild guy in Org.

I wonder when they last tried? I also wonder what the actual message was they got?

I know, but he merely said he’d wondered about the addons cause it felt like a canned response.

Switching characters might not even have occurred to him cause he may only have 1 character on the server.

The first time is usually just a generic error message solution. A follow up saying they’ve tried everything suggested and it still doesn’t work would go further.

And yes, addons can stop you logging in, it happened to me, moving the WTF and interface folders and deleting the cache folder cured it for me. It turned out to be an old addon that didn’t update with WowUp.

Maybe it´s exactly what he was looking for.

We have had people paying for a character transfer to HW to get some alts on this realm :wink:

Benisdamenis, if you intent to play longer an HW, i´d advise to join the HW discords:

2 Likes

The NPC powers vanished after yesterdays reboot. Been AFK working all day, but I will return to sneaking around shortly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.