I can't complete HOA quest

Hi,
Quest name: Harnessing the power.

I have done the first part of this quest, but nothing is appearing to put into the heart of azeroth. It is even saying I have a new power on the necklace but nothing is there to place in it.

I have reset my UI, removed all addons, even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The quest cannot be abandoned.

Try to unequip the necklace, and then put it back on.

Tried that :frowning: thanks though

Hey Laylabelle!

That is weird - are you saying you ended up using the Petrified Ebony Scale the normal way, with the channeling and the special screen effects, but when that was done you did not get the Crucible of Flame Rank 1 added to your collection, to add into an Essence slot?

If that’s the case, I’d recommend you get in touch with our support team. They are unfortunately very busy right now so you may have to wait a little longer than usual, but rest assured someone will respond to it as soon as possible!

You no longer have the [Petrified Ebony Scale] item in your bags/bank right ?

Do you have any other essences unlocked on this character ? If so, try changing your major essence around,

• Put in the Concentrated Flame one (if it isn’t already in there)
  • Replace it with another one
  • Then put Concentrated Flame back in
  • Unequip neck
  • Reequip neck

If the quest still isn’t complete, try doing the same steps in your offspec(s).

Hi :slight_smile: Yes exactly that Zabithorne.

I did reach out to customer service but sadly recieved a generic email reply :frowning:

I have exactly the same issue on my hunter. was able to complete first bit but have no essence in my bag to equip. Really frustrating as cant move on with rest of level cap quest lines.

Also raised a ticket and just got a generic response about how they cant help with quests. Cant we sort this out blizz? Its clearly a bug that is affecting quite a few people.

I’d suggest just unlocking at least one of the other essences, most likely the procedure above will allow you to succeed then.

You can get them from almost any kind of content, each of these milestones gives a (different) essence for example:

• Win a Battleground
  • Do a mythic +4 dungeon (or above)
  • Cap your weekly island exp cap
  • Get honored rep with Rustbolt and see their vendor
  • Kill final mechagon dungeon boss (mythic-0, not sure if hc works)
  • Join a group and do the “kill 25 players in world pvp” quest in Nazjatar

Zaxithorne is there anyway to flag this bug up for immediate attention? its so frustrating as prevents you from unlocking other zones and going any further at end game. I have a open ticket but its saying 9 day wait…

See also

So this bug is months and months old. Does that mean we are basically going to have to shelf our characters forever? :frowning:

1 Like

If you’ve experienced an issue like this, where you used an item that’s supposed to grant an essence but it did not unlock said essence for you, then please make a ticket to our Customer Support team. This isn’t something we can assist with here, through the forums or otherwise.

They are experiencing longer waiting times than usual, but they will still get to your ticket and assist you as best as they can, as soon as they can.