I find it really sad that the RPG aspect barely matters

Do you see the future?

While i do dislike the model, my point was that if you do not do it properly you could fall to tank level DPS/HPS (yes i have seen Prot paladins outhealing Priests).

Yes, i can also see the past and present, the blood elf speaks the truth.

1 Like

No. I just am capable of seeing the present.

I see raider IO. I see Looking for curve groups. I see damage shaming. people being kicked for low dps or low ilvls or other reasons.

Then i see the shadowland reviews and playtestings and realize how different your damage numbers can be with different choices, even for the same class.

Then I can put 1 and 2 together and come up with this.

I do think we’ll see some pug groups up with silly requirements, that is par for the course. There were some on beta too.

I’m hoping guilds are more sensible with their own members.

Well for me personaly i have the unique oportunity to to try and start a guild with my irl friends for SL, so no matter what i do really it will not affect me content wise, however as i have explained i am a semi minmaxer and lore nerd, aesthetic vs gameplay is a nightmare for someone like me, also i love to mess arround with my builds and specs, another thing the covenants are restricting me from doing.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the locking us in to covenants but I’m just going to go with it. I love the look and feel of SL.

Although I will have to run four characters through to unlock each covenant and relevant transmogs, mounts etc. I am hoping at a later date some expansions down the line they’ll relax the restrictions so I can use any of them on my main. Time will tell but I am going to be prepared. I’m not gearing the other three palas. I’m not hardcore like that :laughing:, I just want to see and do all the content.

I would have been a huge fan of the covenant lock if it didnt come with the player power, then my choice would have actually been meaningfull, now because i enjoy to play the game optimally i am forced into choosing something i am either not invested in the slightest or completly hate.

Honestly i was looking forward to having a reason to play my alts, but as far as i have seen the actual RP in choosing a covenant is lost. The mogs and mounts arent restricted to covenants (unlock them on one character and you can use them on your account regardless, might have missunderstood this or it will be changed tought) and the stories arent that different from one another, so the only thing that is covenant exclusive is the player power.

1 Like

I absolutely will not. I play what’s cool and respect other peoples choices to play what they think is cool too.

Also Covenants are an actual RPG style choice.

this is the most cringiest and stupid thing people say in defense of covenants. When your garbage heroic or normal guild won’t be able to kill a boss in the new raid they sure as hell will ask you to swap to the covenant that does more damage than your current one.

Yeah, and what makes it even more painful is knowing they will fix it… the very last patch of the expansion.

At least, 9.3 will be a good one to play.

By the time they fix covenant in 9.3, they are going to implement more systems in 9.1 and 9.2. And I’m pretty sure we will be getting 1 extra legendary and 1 extra covenant per patch !

Yep. And all will also affect PvP. Sigh

Soon, we will need an extra PHD, on top of computer science and rocket science PHD in order to dertermine how to gear our character !

As regarding PVP, every layer they add is obviously going to mess the stuff even more !! It’s going to be a happy one shot fest !

People in lfg are worse then mythic raiders…if you are dps playing non meta spec with non meta covenant? Gl finding groups.

I mean I don’t think he’s 100% right but he’s atleast 60 to 70% right.
People play elves, elves and elves.
They stop caring about roleplay or lore.
They only want dumb shiny armors and swords.

classic is proving otherwise

face it - wow playerbase is toxic like hell - and devs support this toxic behaviour by supporting mythic raiding community

unless they put in even worse version of corruptions in 9.3 :joy:

Well picking a race is an RP choice. I mean if it was just for the racials the majority would be palying Alliance now. Nobodies fault that Belves happen to be on the horde side.

Actually, the current situation shows that picking a race is not an RP choice for most, it is a gameplay optimization choice. The H is more numerous than the A because there are more people running M+ / raids / arenas for H. It just makes sense to roll on the faction that has more parties in the LFx tool.