If you want same faction bgs, let's have another test too

Same faction open world PvP test.

Horde tasted how it is to queue like Alliance, why not see how it is to quest like alliance?

To feel the thrill of how fun it is to always have 4-5 wanna be pvpers around you, waiting to reach 50% health by pulling mobs in order to attack.

Then we’ll see who are the pvpers whose gonna migrate and who will go retail.

You want faction to mean nothing for pvp?
There you go, let’s go full throttle.

And call it “training” like you did with bgs (no lore harm).

5 Likes

I’m going to tell you something that might shock you. You might want to sit down for this though…

Horde also get ganked in the open world.

7 Likes

You do realize allys have a chance to migrate to an ally populated realm (earthshaker, bloodfang) or go to a PvE realm.

Horde cannot migrate to get instant ques. If faction change was available (would not sort the problem btw) you could call it an even playing field where our problems can be sorted in an identical way - with money.

1 Like

thats why we support FREE FACTION CHANGE
it is same with migration to another server just faction based. And solves problem with que

It does not solve the problem. It helps those who faction change, but horde will continue to have 40min+ ques as the majority will not change faction. Sure, they will get a bit better but still they will be long. Didn’t you read Blizzard’s own post about the HvH test? They literally say it there.

1 Like

If majority doest change faction when its even free maybe its not that big problem for them.
Problem solved.
Thanks for contribution.

1 Like

How is the problem solved if people do not want to faction change? Is something unclear about Blizzard’s blue post?

What are you still even doing here? Weren’t you supposed to quit playing the game? Why do you care since it wont affect you at all? Suspicious… Maybe you actually won’t quit despite saying so

Pve realm is the only option. I play on bloodfang and despite its 70/30 alliance favored ratio horde is still doing more ganking and has the wpvp objectives the same if not more than alliance.

If people doesnt want to faction change for shorter ques even when its free que time is not a big deal for them. and its all okay.

But choices have consequences.
you cant eat all the sugar in market and expect have a bodybuilder aesthetic.
Simple is that.Problem solved.

While this might be the case, it is totally dependant on Alliance actions. Clearly Alliance do not want to PvP on your realm even if they have the population advantage. So this got me thinking, if Allys do not care about PvP why are so many here crying about PvP things since it clearly shouldn’t affect them in any way?

Looks like even having 80-20 A/H ratio would still cause people to complain so I don’t think faction balance is the problem either if you still get to complain on Ally majority realms.

Not only does the other faction get ganked in the open world too, having BG queues increases the chance you will get ganked during those queues hundredfold. You don’t really have a choice if you want honor.

Choices have consequences, but the factionchoice shouldnt have consequences like:
“If you go horde you cannot enjoy BGs and therefor PVP at all”

but rather the consequences should be: If you chose horde you are slightly better in PVP and if you go Alliance you are slightly better in PVE; or something like that. The fact that horde is just straight up the better faction mechanic-wise, is a gamedesign problem and therefor should be adressed as such and not just pushed into the community and factionbalance.

I am all down for that being ganked experience test, a true pvper will kite around 4-5 players just to get some quests done, pop faps left n right and keep charging into unwinnable situations while chugging beer. Sounds like a game where wpvp is alive even if you are greatly disadvantaged.

No thanks for the empty ah and finding groups for hours though, that’s why transfers to ally will be required with additional incentives, whether same faction bgs happen or not.

So basically this:

This would actually make gathering professions much more interesting.

No it is not, and I don’t know why you keep making this comparison.

At the beginning with the game, you were given two options in terms of server category: PvP and PvE. If you chose PvP, you accepted the risk of getting ganked/outnumbered. If you chose PvE, you did so because you refused to take that risk. In other words, at the beginning of the game you were given the option to avoid ganking by default, no matter what anyone else did or choose.

The same is not true of factions. At the beginning of the game, you were given two options: roll Alliance, or roll Horde. Nowhere did the game grant you that picking any faction would lock you out of playing BGs (and, by extension, Arenas), regardless of what server you roll on. In short, that choice was never available to the player in the same 100%, game-granted way it was for ganking, and thus you cannot really use it as an excuse.

Though ofc I wouldn’t be opposed to finding solutions to the “Alliance problem”, as long as they don’t affect PvE balance (so, no free gold/items or anything like that). FFA WPvP is an interesting concept though - sure, some ppl will cry “faction balance/faction pride”, but the reality is that opposing factions in the way conceived in this game is simply a flawed concept that is never going to work in the long run without constant rebalances in an attempt to convince players to change factions dynamically (and that is NOT the kind of game I wanna play, or I’d be playing Retail).

I honestly don’t see the problem.
I played horde since 2006 in vanilla, TBC and WOTLK, and again on pservers for both vanilla and TBC since 2014. 40 min queues have always been the norm, and honestly I just got used to it.
This is not me saying that 1 hour + queues for all BGs are fine btw, thats excessive.
But 40+ mins? Imo get used to it, it was always like that.

(My pet hypothesis is that the game now is filled with more retail players who never experienced this, and are used to a fast-track game where they are handed everything by Blizzard. As an old-timer this is just disheartening to see)

I would actually resub just to see this, total mayhem :sweat_smile:
Not saying I think it’s a good idea though :slight_smile:

Horrible idea.

The Earthshaker alliance can’t win a fight unless 4vs1. If blizz implement this, they will never be able to quest ever again. Think about the ES alliance. Let them have their advantage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.