Im actually impressed that this went live

I like both PvE and PvP, but if i do PvE and i’ve got my progressions of gear and i want to do PvP tommorow, you mean i’ve waisted time playing wow and must redo all the gear again ?
That worst than the actual gearing system with reroll character

Blizzard could have added baseline excitement to our excisting abilities instead of having to add 20+ passive procs and effects. Like Shadow Bolt doing 250-500 shadow damage instead of solid number. Like real RPGs often do.

No you completely misunderstand.

explain “A separate PvP service” “Server with nothing but pure PvP” then , that not quite clear then

That’s what Critical Strike is there for.

i agree with u 100%

it makes no fun at all like ive never felt more stupid then this time in a pvp season.

The beauty of it is you could do it multiple ways.

Create character - character is max level with average gear.
Do whatever PvP experience you fancy and earn currency to upgrade/buy.

Or keep it similar But with Honor level but tune it. It goes on and on and rewards you with aesthetics etc gives players something to strive for.

Or constantly have a rolling server that keeps upto date with current patch and much like PTR create a copy.
Poof log in any PvP stuff you do shows on your ‘normal’ character.

There are many ways and admittedly my ideas are sh** but a separate system with fine tuning for only PvP.

Or just give us vendors back and let us reforge our own gear so we can stat stack what we want.

As already explained with couple of examples, PvP was always a major part of this game. Deffo not the part that got a lot of love (it took them up to WoD to create a good PvP gearing system, just to destroy it right away after), but still a fix part of the game and not a mini expansion that was cobbled together somehow.

This

I agree with tom, while this gearing system and design (such as 40% of dmg coming from essences/pve gear,…) Are overall terrible, people atleast die so far. If there wont be any tank trinkets viable in pvp we could actually have way better season than S2 and S3 which were just tragic. Not getting bis corruptions after first week when gear is capped at 445 is no problem at all since it will be most likely replaced anyway. This season is going to have 30 weeks so i would say its too early to judge.

No. On top of that. Critical strike is random proc. 250-500 happends everytime shadow bolt hits the target, minus migitations ofc. Its a different thing.

Most of us like faster gameplay, but should it really be based on maximum rng? Deffo not! 1.5k player currently stomp r1 teams if the gear difference is big enough.

Don’t understand how you can defend anything like this as a PvPer. Having some sort of gear farming, okay. Not fun, but if they scale all around the same it’s okay.

But this is 10x more broken than titanforge ever was: 19 different effects, 17 of them have 3 different ranks and getting a corrupted item is already rng! So it’s basically rng (getting corruption) * rng (getting 1/19 effects) * rng (getting rank 1 to 3) = rng³!!!

Go back to the pve Forum than kid, this is about Arena.

3 Likes

I said in my post that this design is terrible. Dont get me wrong i’d love if this stuff was removed and dmg was moved into abilities.
Saying this season is worse than last is bad tho.

this is next level of sad :frowning:

Give Blizzard some time.
and they will bring back tank trinket and pure dampen meta

Now that its a week… bring back titanforging :slight_smile: I rather have that than this busted system for casual players who just get carried by corruption effects :slight_smile:

No, just they remove corruption, and just that. We are happy without titanforging and Corrupted item

25%??? Lol I wish that was true! Yesterday my DH partner in arena (yes we’re bad) one shot a MW monk with an Infinite Star that crit for 550k. The player was just deleted from the game.

At first I laughed because it was insane and utterly ridiculous but then I started crying about how sad it is that 1 corrupted item (460 ilvl) can determine the outcome of a fight just by a single proc.

I think the motto whether you play 1000 or 2800 ranked with Corrupted gear is:
“We didn’t win from them, they lost to us.”

Having corrupted gears require 0 skill but yet yield amazing results. I cannot see how this ends when people have +100-125 corruption resistance and 39 corruption is the way to go.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.