I'm really sad about censorship

chihuahuas live 10-18 years.

rats only 3 years.

i do find the worgen female face slightly resembling a chihuahua.

That is from chronicles of Nestor, which is gibberish and nonsense.

Another interesting thing occurred at that time. Persia changed name to Iran, and on Persian aka Farsi language Iran is pronounced as? that’s right Ar…

Tho it is Persian word which literally means nobility.

What was point one?

Exciting for spectators, maybe. Not so exciting for the trans and non-binary people who are just trying to get on with their lives without their right to exist being challenged at every turn.

(Not arguing with anything you said - I think you summed up the current situation quite well - just pointing out that the subjective experience of the victims of the anti-trans movement is neither fun nor exciting.)

3 Likes

This is possible, though.

Clear and concise definition of what it means to be a man: ‘Feel like a man.’
Clear and concise definition of what it means to be a woman: ‘Feel like a woman.’

Bob doesn’t want to hear that.

If people stopped questioning trans people’s right to exist, that would be great, and it wouldn’t lessen at all my excitement for the future at all. In fact, it would only increase it, because we wouldn’t have to deal with people who think the 50s was the height of civilization.

7 Likes

But now in Wow, you’ll feel like… an undefined character? At this point, put the choice in the character customization panel. At least, it will be consider as an avatar customization.

2 Likes

:rofl:

They are like tiny dobermans :joy:

1 Like

Does anyone really do that? It’s just pixels on a screen.

I believe you mean third rock from the sun

1 Like

Isn’t the question rather:
Why do you care? I mean you can still choose body type 1 and play as a female character. Blizzard isn’t removing the model.

It does. For cis people, it’s something they’re not even aware they feel because their subjective experience of gender aligns with the gender they were assigned at birth. A cis man who ‘feels like a man’ has simply never questioned his gender. He couldn’t tell you what being a man feels like because it’s been part of his lived experience for so long that he isn’t even aware of feeling it.

The problem is that cis people tend to believe that because they don’t have a conscious sense of their gender, anyone else who says they do must be making it up.

2 Likes

i really dont think blizzard would ever go as far as they have to censor male and female genders! it comes off as desperate, what eveer they think they may win in doing this only they know :smiley:

1 Like

You need to read between the lines. The constant questioning on whether reality should be portrayed in media is that. Because those people know full well if something is considered valid and real in media, it is also considered valid and real in real life.

We had the exact same conversations around Shadowlands’ launch when we found out there’s gay night warriors and that Pelagos is trans.

When people say “why does Blizzard have to include politics”, they are turning the existence of all kinds of LGBTQ+ people into a political issue, and the issue is “Should they be allowed to exist”. There can never be an example of a society tolerant to the existence of a specific minority, but banning them from being portrayed in media.

These threads, and this general idea about some minorities being “political” is questioning these minorities’ rights to exist. When someone says having a diverse cast in a show is “injecting politics”, that means this diversity’s right to exist is called into question. In media, and in reality.

The existence of LGBTQ+ people is not a political issue. The political issue is whether they should be allowed to exist and accepted by society. And when people make these threads, make fun of atypical gender identities, they are signalling that no - they should not be accepted by society, and they should not be allowed to exist.

3 Likes

and how do you know it is minority ? Have you done any kind of survey ? Or you just came up with ?

to me it looks like they wanna censor the male and female gender. are we not aloud to be males and females anymore ? lmao

2 Likes

Because i choose a sex for my character 16 years ago, and i feel like i want people interract with me as the character represent. Many girls create male characters to cut all the possible stereotypes people could have against female gamers, because it’s not common to see a male character played by female players. In pug, it works pretty well. I personnally can’t. I dont like playing a male character because i just cant identify whit it.

3 Likes

I don’t think anybody said that they should not exist… I think this is your strawman.

3 Likes

So, you identify as a female void elf and want to be treated like one? Ok, just tell that to the people you interact with.

I’m sure when you walk into a bar toilet and you see the 2 symbols that don’t say “male” and “female”, it’s just a human, and then a human with a skirt, you know exactly what’s what. So don’t be obtuse on purpose. It makes it hard to take that side of the argument seriously.

2 Likes