[ Important? ] Building a better AD

Blizzard enforcing actively their ToS. :eye:

An actual team of gamemasters IN THE GAME that teleport infront of the person, catch them in the act of public erp/trolling/interrupting roleplay and sending the person straight to hell the login screen with a big pop up that reads “Your account was suspended”. Have one of them run around at Goldshire and cleanse anything that is of sexual nature. 1 person is enough. Hell, send me there and they don’t even have to pay me.

Mine is based on the ToS in WoW tbh.

Yes, but in most cases there’s an active punishment for it.

You don’t rob a bank in reality because you might go to jail for a long time. That is a fact for nearly any country in existence. People know that.

Are people punished for disturbing roleplay? Who knows.
Are there any consequences for public erp? Who knows. (There isn’t if not enough people report you. :eyes:)

Just the whole thing that they don’t have to fear anything due to a lack of consequences is oof.

4 Likes

Damn, same goes provably for almost every law we have IRL. Best just abolish the lot of them because you can never catch 100%.

Are you sure thats not what you’re arguing for because your entire train seems to be “if you can’t fully ban something its best to just leave it alone to fester in the open”

2 Likes

The push against ERP is almost more like a public awareness campaign. It will not get rid of it entirely, but more people will become not just better aware that it is NOT welcome nor even meekly tolerated as has been in the past, but may also find they become better informed and aware of the whys behind the call for more definite action. The more we talk about it, the more it can’t be swept under the rug with mealy-mouthed “oh no one is bothered by it really” comments. We are bothered.

There will always be very determined perverts, but that doesn’t mean just sighing and accepting their antics like a long-suffering sitcom wife.
Plus, if they ARE embarrassed or shamed by this? Good. They should be. ERPing in WoW is very embarrassing.

9 Likes

Hi, long time wow player, RPer here and there, never really considered posting on the forums, but I figured hey, why not. My opinion on this matter is that, while I agree that public ERP, griefing and all that is either inappropriate, or just toxic in terms of the latter- I can’t help but feel this idea of witch-hunting those who do ERP in private, or talking about it in-character is fast approaching borderline segregation of a lot of people in the community that don’t deserve to be harassed or just plain ignored for a choice that has nothing to do with anyone but the two consenting people involved.

I will however state that, while I believe in this, I do recognize that it is important that those in question to the activity are, well, adults in the respective countries of origin, and aren’t bringing it into a public space. Now, I’m going to try and not ‘hate’ here. But, while I understand the ‘PCU’ is meant to be a train of guilds coming together to well, have fun or work together for good RP, I feel the need to point out that as a bystander, on neither side I’ve never wanted to be less involved in the grander RP scene.

And this is for two distinct reasons, both sides for or against seem to be turning almost cult-like, zealously defending or aggravating each other and the other because, if I ‘do’ have a difference of opinion- from my point of view its highly likely i’ll be harassed, bothered, or otherwise ignored by a large group of people that likely know very little about me, as a person or as a player.

But the blurry distinction for most as it seems to me is, you do/did ERP once, and therefore you are bad, and hence i’ll be avoided like i’m a leper or a plague rat. To me, I see some good intentions, but as the old saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I fear that as time has gone on as I’ve observed these posts gather more and more traction that it will further derail and cause friction in the community, to the point where it may even turn to cyber bullying or something of a similar nature.

What I worry about the most however, is that this sort of ‘hive-mind’ mentality that I have come to recognize is, frankly, frightening. I compare it myself in my head, to things I have witnessed in the past, such as religious groups against the ‘sinners’ and so forth, there is likely a few better examples to compare, but that is the first thing I can think of relating close to this. I’m not saying the PCU should disband, I’m not saying it should remain either. All I am saying is that with everything going on in the world, and as things are in terms of culture across the world-. I find it to be strange and almost sad that things like this are still such a prevalent issue. I see many words of hatred between those on both sides.

And perhaps i’m just imagining this ‘side to side’ kind of thing, maybe it isn’t so bad. But as far as i’m concerned, its getting to a point where people seem to forget why we are on this server, to have fun and roleplay these amazing fantasy characters in this amazing world of warcraft, not to police each other, hate each other, argue and grow distant from those we have very minute differences between. Its obviously difficult to fix, and I dont think it ever will be fixed, we can only do so much.

But my personal feeling on the whole matter is simple. Do as you like, treat others as you would like to be treated, don’t be quick to judge and try to see the point of view of your fellow player. Because in the end we’re all here for the same reasons for the most part, and while I understand seeing and hearing certain things can be frustrating, or borderline disgusting to some, the path that i’ve seen people taking so far will only put the community on a lower descent to an even worse situation.

Sorry for the long post, TL:DR, Borderline cyberbullying, Cult-like activity, Descent into worse situation, we’re all here to have fun, treat each other with respect.

Thank you ^^ And sorry if this upsets anyone.

11 Likes

Erp doesnt belong in a pg-13 game. Im just here to have a fun and immersive roleplaying experience, preferably without stumbling into people cybering.

Honestly, its a bit cringe to go to such an extent as comparing the pcu to a cult because they dislike seeing what you’re into behind closed doors.

7 Likes

This thread is about public ERP - Goldshire et al - though I think I would suggest that maybe this video game isn’t the #1 appropriate platform for any kind of ERP. Why should it be?

It’s not super important to me personally if you want to join (since I don’t remember asking) though that is again not the topic of this thread. If you want to complain about the PCU, there is a PCU community thread that is the appropriate place for that

This is not a policy that exists in reality outside of tired attempts to say PCU bad. We will recruit people who have ERPed in the past (with a few obvious exceptions) because it’s obvious that its something that people are dragged into that through various means / people should for most part be given a chance to get out of that place. I am interested in reformation over condemnation for people who have in good faith stopped ERPing

… and the road to heaven is paved with good works

If the concept of people who are generally friends generally being on good terms with each other and generally agreeing on certain topics frightens you, that is your problem rather than anyone else’s

Why does it matter what you’re saying on this topic? I don’t really get it

The radical centrist take of these lands

Instead the community should absolutely police ourselves. In fact, it is something Blizzard expects - proactive reporting and so on is encouraged

or in the PCU’s case grow massive and unreasonably active

I think your personal feelings don’t come from any amount of experience and you’re not really aware of what the PCU does

No, you haven’t - or you would post proof instead of this word salad

You’re here to have fun but within Blizzard’s terms of service. Not recruiting ERPers and thinking public ERP is bad is not actually “cyberbullying” - that’s just cope on your part

If you want to keep chatting about the PCU, please hit up this thread and keep this one on topic: The [PCU] 😈 now recruiting! [250]

11 Likes

I don’t mind if people think what you’re doing behind closed is ew or gross. I just meant that I didn’t like the idea of witch hunting them for doing it in private, public is bad, obviously.

World of Warcraft is rated T ( Teen ) by the ESRB for blood and gore, crude humor, mild language, suggestive themes, and use of alcohol and violence.

the warcraft movie in 2016 (?) was PG-13.

Got nothing meaningful to add to the actual forum/subject matter but figured I should atleast correctly clarify this x)

Well, this is just my opinion on the matter, no one asked for it I know, but I gave it nonetheless. Sorry if I derailed a bit from my previous point, but it sort of encompassed the PCU I feel as it went on. I typed for so long I could have easily lost track along the way ^^ I’ll try to avoid that.

Oh and I don’t really know why I would need proof to say that I’ve come across those situations, I dont have anything to gain from lying about it, i’m not embarassed or ashamed of ERP as a whole because to me its so similar to the natural act IRL for me that I don’t really see a problem unless it becomes illegal, like targeting minors etc. Its okay to not want ERPers in your guild, its the choice of the GM afterall, but I’m just pointing out that people could just as easily be doing it without your knowledge and remain in the guild regardless right? Unfortunately its impossible to be all-knowing in that sense unless you were given proof yourself.

so what are you doing in a thread where we’re discussing the goldshire issue

its 12+ yeah, not GoT

10 Likes

Yeah fireblush fireblundered. It’s PEGI 12 instead - atleast according to my two links

3 Likes

Maybe I misread or made a mistake, but what I was reading didnt seem to just involve goldshire alone did it? If this is about goldshire on its own then…yeah, goldshire is a problem, over the top ERP-centric characters/profiles filling an entire area and stopping other RPers from going there without feeling uncomfortable or slung in with the ‘crowd’. I can see the problem clearly. But if I wasn’t mistaken, didn’t blizzard partner with the creator of the TRP addon in an effort to report those accounts?

Yeah, you did. I think you didn’t read the OP before launching into the “nooo, not the poor ERPers” shtick

Give this is an EU server, we are under PEGI rather than ESRB - a 12

That’s generally just extremely weird

For sure, but if they’re ever caught they will be removed instantly and that is enough for me

6 Likes

yeah any form of erp is a problem in a pg-13 game, but this thread specifically is targeting goldshire, yeah.

yeah, theres a report function on trp where the profiles are passed on to blizzard

4 Likes

Whats weird about it to you? Its two characters engaged in sexual relations, usually with the basis of being in love, or in a relationship. That happens IRL doesn’t it?

Do you think World of Warcraft is real life

8 Likes
> https://gyazo.com/b835b8ed4e3879db582e6a175af07881

Actually the first result on google.

3 Likes

No, but RP mimics the interactions between people as if they’re real and breathing in the world, right? I don’t know about others, but to a certain degree I use real life examples of things all the time in RP. Not saying its important, but its a part of life, I don’t see why it can’t be a part of the RP as long as people involved are alright with it.

Why do you NEED it to be sexual?

6 Likes