In-game Chat broken?

Having the same issue, I imagined it to be on blizz end but it surprised me settings would suddenly reset at every login.

Are they saved serverside rather than locally or something weird they pulled wit the patch just override everything?

If you want the tinfoil hat version they’re forcing the channels on us now so they can get more money from tokens to support their FOMO development.

Same issue here. Have different tabs for different chats and all tabs are showing all channels chat now even if they are not selected for the tab.

The only tabs that don’t seem effected are ones created when someone whispers you.

Same here, so annoying!

I’ve also just noticed that i’ve lost all the people i had on my friends list too. Battle.net friends are still there but normal friends like those i add from professions and such have all gone.

They were there before patch and the chat bug. Anyone else have the friends issue?

1 Like

Report the chat thing as a bug ingame. It’s very irritating so I’ve sent a bug report but the more the merrier.

3 Likes

Aye, i’ve reported that one.

In addition the friends thing, also just noticed i can’t even add people back. I just get an error message saying “Unknown friend response from server. Player not found”… even though their stood right in front of me.

So looks like another bug.

2 Likes

But it doesn’t work, because it scrolls so fast, I have no idea what I’m being advertised.

Btw, I have the same problem. Relogging puts the services chat back into the main window, even though I’ve ticked it away.

Try being on a small realm - it never moves :slight_smile:

Same here!

This is a duplicate thread. There’s already one under “Customer Support”.

had same, it even spammed in combat log, leaving channels, doing a relog, nothing helped.

installed badboy addon and all is gone for now until its fixed

as i just noted in this topic…
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/time-to-remove-the-services-channel-and-ban-boosters/500947/133

it is only the “trade services” channel which is now set to auto re-enable itself across all chat tabs, and to stop it from happening, instead of simply unchecking the channel for each tab, you have to fully unsubscribe from that channel by clicking the red button on the right hand side, in the channels section of the chat settings.

Right click a chat tab, go to Channels, find the Trade (Services) channel and hit the red Ghostbusters icon on the right next to it.

1 Like

Had to uncheck both trade and services channels from the settings, this has temporarily “fixed” it for me.

Chat reset when you log in! I had to unckeck again! It is annoying so please fix it quick! Thanks!

Like i said, you have to fully unsubscribe from that channel

Same here, channels are active on every window and if u turn them off they are active again when u log in.

I made this to fix it.

A bit more info here.

dont think they can fix it the whole team is busy playing that plunderstorm

what a big joke blizzard become

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.