[Interest Check] Shattrath (Neutral Hub)

I’d be delighted to see Outland more lively, but we really need some updates on its state. Too much time has passed, to the point where even the old world is newer, and there were no books or something like that either. Something was bound to change over two decades, and we’ve got to know what to play if we don’t want to kick the same dead felhounds.

Gave it some thought, and best IC hook for us would simply be the trading and exploring/trinks factor. Cliche for Vulpera, but it works the best :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

So yeah, if something is being organised or tried, count us in.

I wouldn’t mind a Exploring Outlands if they’ll add new information like the departure of the Black and Netherflights!

Basicly a update on Outlands without them doing a fly over on it

Would love to return to Draenor. Shattrath, too, of course. For reasons.

Setting up a little roadwork company. Mag’har get a complimentary glass of lemonade with a signup.

Why not RP in the past? Either using the bronze/eternal dragonflight or simply making a character from the TBC era or set the RP around that era?

Why do so?

Functionally, Outland in TBC and Outland in TWW is much the same place as far as we know. We know that it’s crumbling, yes, but clearly not so rapidly that Thrall couldn’t go to Nagrand and try his hand at farming during BfA - so we can reasonably assume the zones to be largely the same as then.

Additionally, setting the RP in the TBC era without the use of time traveling as a narrative device, you’d exclude a number of races and classes from participating.

Just a suggestion based on my personal preferences, I like to RP in the past or at specific points in time and would love to see more people do it.

Fair enough.

Mostly, but not completely. The Illidari have likely cleared out the absolute most of the demons, there’s Shadowguard to recruit Void-fallen arakkoa or the degraded krokul to their (and probably Xal’atath’s) cause, Sabellian’s exodus must have had an impact on the Blade’s Edge, and the entire draenei heritage story is something to be taken into account, as well as the state of the different orc tribes. Not to mention the entire Tempest Keep… is it even around after Kael’s demise? We really need a revamp if only to acknowledge these questions.

1 Like

Yeah, the novels that were supposed to bring the geographic and cultural lore up to date certainly fell flat in that regard. A modern-day redo of Outland would also be quite cool.

I would be very interested in this idea!

I’ve always wanted my Vindicator to revisit Outland/Shattrath after she left during the initial evacuation, I simply haven’t found a reason for her to do so yet. The existence of a RP hub might be the push she needs. 🩵

Perhaps it might provide the stepping stone needed for her to recover artefacts from her old village. Many possibilities!

A revamp aknowledging these changes would be fantastic, we always have chromie time if we need to go back. With that said, I doubt we’ll see such an extensive work on… “dead” zones.

Going to refer to the above again for anyone wanting to help out!

out till Sunday atm for a wedding, but can hit you up afterwards.

1 Like

With the expansion now live, it’s time to rouse this thread once more… :eyes:

Still on the lookout for people who’d like to help out!

If I might offer a suggestion,

I’ve known several FF-XIV venues that have done well out of incorporating arenas/fighting pits into their weekly meet-ups. Perhaps if this Shattrath thing did something similar, like a bi-weekly brawl at the Nagrand Arena, it’d provide a unique selling point.

Players like to fight, they like getting an opportunity to show off their characters in a bout.

Dragging this back now that we’ve had some weeks of enjoying TWW!

This could be fun but, unless this changed, does it not flag people for PvP? At least I’m pretty sure it used to.

I think it still flags you for PvP, but must admit I like the idea cause I want to organise a big brawl tourney soon