"The Drowned" Corrupted Tidesage Community

“I foresee a great being rising from the depths. Our master, our father. He arises to wipe this world clean of impurity. A tide unlike any other. His immense form will drown this world beneath the waves.

But He requires servants. He calls to His children. Arise, ye faithful. Arise and serve your master. Eternal paradise awaits. Eternal servitude in His holy name.

N’zoth calls.”

Hello all! This is a concept I’ve been entertaining since the beginning of Battle for Azeroth which I’ve been quite surprised hasn’t really been grabbed at by other players. Despite this I’m going to take my best shot.

The general idea for the guild I’m proposing is a cult of corrupted Tidesages and their minions who are led by Brother Penkelly, a former devout Tidesage turned Priest of N’zoth, who’s ultimate goal is to finish what Lord Stormsong started and drown all of Kul Tiras, and the world.

My ideas for the guild activities would mostly comprise of rituals, sacrifices, indoctrination and teaching to newer acolytes and the propagation of N’zoth’s words to all who listen. I’m also open to inter-guild roleplay, with the villainous aspect of the guild possibly acting as an antagonist to more lawful guilds.

Although I haven’t given much thought to ranks, the hierarchy is roughly equal, with all tidesages being the same rank, followed by acolytes, followed by the cult’s thralls.

Guild Discord: Message me (hancer2#7493) if you want to be added!

Thank you for reading my concept and if you have any feedback or interest I’m happy to respond down below.

14 Likes

Cool concept but the name sounds like a sex crime

6 Likes

Should be good.

Ought to be RPing in Boralus, though, no use RPing it in Stormwind. Though I suppose you know that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an ugly truth right there. I’ve got several other ideas for names luckily; Heralds of N’zoth, Denizens of the Deep; Disciples of N’zoth, The Tidefallen, and The Drowned.

3 Likes

The Drowned is pretty sick

3 Likes

The Drowned are peak name design, super fitting, go for that.

I concur, best name.

1 Like

Heard and acted on!

2 Likes

Please yes.
YES…! More bad-guys!

1 Like

We shall follow your career with great interest :octopus:

3 Likes

Sounds like an epic idea! :octopus:

It’s nice to see some initiatives out there for Tidesage RP, villain or not.

Good luck with this venture!

2 Likes

All hail the mighty, he’s arising from the deep,

With tattered sails and incredible tales we’re caught in endless seas!

3 Likes

Should name the guild “The Drowned Ones” instead.

very interested in this concept

2 Likes

Awesome idea and concept, though - as you’ve undoubtedly considered yourself - it’s a bit niche. If you’re willing to pour in all the energy and passion into it to keep it alive, it might work, but most evil guilds on Argent Dawn struggle to exist for prolonged periods of time, and we’re talking more “popular” concepts here, like the Scourge, Cult of the Damned, Twilight Hammer. Would love to see it work out, though. Wishing you the best of luck if you do go through with it.

2 Likes

Wow! This is pretty epic! Something I’d like to join personally! We’ll see though! :slight_smile:

Best of luck! :heart:

2 Likes

That’s where I plan for inter-guild roleplay to come in and give more life to the guild rather than staying secluded. I’m taking inspiration for this from the Hand of Zul who are arguably as niche a villain guild idea as this one, but who have managed to stay popular and relevant by engaging with guilds both Alliance and Horde side.

5 Likes

Good luck with this! I have my hands full with the Leaf, but I have a well-suited character I can join with to at least help you get off the ground.

1 Like

Cheers for the shout-out!

Was just reading through the concept, I think it looks great. Would definitely partake if I had any time to RP alts right now - but I wish you the best of luck!

2 Likes

Looking pretty cool. Suitably Tide Sagey with a side order of Old God fanaticism, which like bacon tends to improve everything. Best of luck!

(This message brought to you by the Lord On High, N’Zoth the Drowned.)

1 Like