Is there a way to "downscale" your main to older expansion?

Hey there, I want to do some questing in the old zones for the loremaster, however, I don’t want to one-shot stuff. Is there a way to decrease my main’s level to the old zone’s level so I can have a nice experience?

1 Like

The easiest way is to just unequip all your gear, but even then you can still be OPed for older zones and still one-shot stuff.

You can reduce your damage with toys like this:

Soft Foam Sword - Item - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

This one is handy for reducing damage significantly when trying to bring mobs down to, say, 25% (it only lasts a few minutes between CDs):

Whole-Body Shrinka’ - Item - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

What I did was just use fresh alts and Chromie time, though you’ll need quite a few!

the only way at the moment would be to party sync with another low level character
however this requires 2 people (or 2 accounts)

what i suggest doing is leveling up a new character for this
making sure to freeze xp at 58.

So far the only way is to multibox so you go with a fresh character in your party and activaty group sync. Would fit together with that tomorrow starts new RaF rewards.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/recruit-a-friend-fetch-your-friends-for-fresh-rewards-on-march-21/435622

I think the best suggestion would be to play on the Classic servers and relive the original experience.

You can either play Vanilla Classic, or Wotlk Classic where you can level through Vanilla, TBC and Wotlk.

They seem to release expansions every 1-1.5 years for Classic, so it won’t be long until you can live through the next period of the game.

I suggest this way, because it really is the best experience you can have if you want to play old content.

It’s kinda weird how with all the scaling tech now, including party sync, the simple additional variation of allowing downscale to ‘challenging’ level isn’t offered.

They rather scale everything up and stop it sometime because then they are forced to play current content. The only alternative beside party sync would be stop leveling the character with whom you want to catch up content in non one shot difficulty a level before max level and then wait till the expansion is over so then you can with levelstop do everything in chromietime.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.