Is wow [kinda] dying ?

Their approach to class/spec design since WoD ruined the game for me. They claimed they did the prune to remove redundancy of abilities and for better class fantasy but all they were able to achieve is homogenization of most classes and specs.

That wouldnt have worked due to the storyline.

Not sure I understand how storyline and annoying game mechanics go hand in hand…

How did the story prevent us having a PvP vendor, or residuum, or a heart forge on day 1?

1 Like

the class/spec design today is from mop, not wod. cata gave huge revamp (which i HATED) but before cata wasnt any different.
sure, you had hybrid specs (i had one for a while as a warlock) but it was always weaker than the optimal you saw in guides. every guild required, like today, to choose very specific talents and very specific rotation.

there was never truly a choice, there was only the “correct choice”. it just cannot be changed. its better to just keep things simpler. the only people who think are the people who develop the guides.

I play on EU Draenor Horde and it’s packed all the time and im playing with wm ON 99% of the time. Take wm off and it’s insanely packed.

Maybe just your realm? or timezone?

may be anecdotal but i think it is bleeding subs rapidly. Atleast on Argent Dawn, At the start of BFA stormwind and orgrimmar were packed as well as the famous “goldshire” and now they seem empty. i remember very well during legion around this time of the year 2018, at any given time goldshire was packed and right now as of 5:35AM there are a total of about 15-20 people, thats a substantial drop from the 60+

@Arianatar: Early morning hours tend to be quiet on all servers in EU…

AD early morning stats on WCR look like this at the moment:

|0|2263|3|829|1||2.7 : 1|
|1|0|0|0|0|||
|2|0|0|0|0|||
|3|568|1|197|1||2.9 : 1|
|4|399|2|145|2||2.8 : 1|
|5|0|0|0|0|||
|6|0|0|0|0|||
|7|0|0|0|0|||
|8|545|1|221|2||2.5 : 1|

So, after midnight alliance is still at 2200+, horde at 800+ at levels 20 to 120.

And by about 8:00, alliance is back up to 500+, horde to 200+.

Pruning of loads of abilities and majors specs changes did happened in WoD. MoP and WoD class design is different. MoP was much better than WoD in term of class design.

My guild never imposed any specific builds for my specs onto me.

That’s what most mindless casuals like to say, they just vomit whatever they’ve heard without having actually experienced it. Also, given that some people refered to guides to choose their talents and gear, not everyone was doing this. There was a choice, but the mindless casuals would usually replicate the exact same talents and gear they saw some other people doing because they can’t think for themselves. Based on your claims, you were probably one of those people who mindlessly copied talents and gears.

i think its YOUR realm. EU Draenor Horde is THE most populated server in the EU (according to wowrealmpopulations) at 25.5K players, 24K of which are horde.
next being silvermoon at 25K (24K alliance), then Gordunni at 24.5K (24k alliance) then we drop to 20K~ and keep dropping for other servers.

your realm is the WORST test example to check the life of the game. it is the most populated, and everytime you lose players who quit, people server transfer to you from elsewhere, keeping your server always healthy, but the others keep getting worse.

very elitist of you? what you’re saying is quite silly. people with far better grasp of maths than both you and me sim out these things. THATS why there were cookie cutter builds, and bis gear. cause cleaver people simmed everything and FOUND that certain builds WERE better. however that shouldn’t stop people from playing whatever they like in the open world or low level dungeons, now or then. but when you talk about high end raiding, there are set formulas for what builds you choose.

and yes, i read guides and followed their advice on what builds to use ever since TBC. and so did you if you are not a “casual”.

:slight_smile:

Then offer people free transfers from dead servers? Will never happen though because of $$$$

On the other hand Alliance is dead on EU Draenor. Still plenty of activity for world pvp and pvp but compared to horde it’s dead dead.

you are right. it will never happen BECAUSE of $$ÂŁÂŁ. i have been on a dead server since wotlk (not sure if it was medium or low pop in tbc). the only free transfers ever offered are always FROM high populated servers TO low populated servers. and of course, no sane person takes advantage of this.

alliance is dead there. only 1.5k to 24k horde. surely draenor must be mixed in with someone else to be seeing any alliance in wm? surely it could never be worth it for an alliance on draenor to go wm otherwise.

That’s very arrogant of you to assume to know my abilities in maths. You can’t possibly know how competent I may be in maths, but here you are doing it.

As for the “cookie cutter” builds I remember some people including a few freinds of mine who tried to replicate the builds and still manage to not perform well, because they either didn’t know the proper rotation or/and couldn’t replicate the stats because of unlucky drops. Thus, failed to perform well as promised by those guides, they didn’t know how to adapt and didn’t even bother to learn. They sticked to the “cookie cutter” builds and assumed everyone was doing so. Like you do.
I guess you would feel lost without guides and pre-traced paths, huh?

i dont, but from your replies im probably right? the way these things are simmed out isn’t just a case of being good at a few sums. and besides, it isn’t arrogant as i was not putting myself above you.

wait a sec…

lol

im sorry, you were caught with your pants down, you then tried to insult me to hide that fact and succeed only in making yourself look silly.

how do you think sims are even achieved? of course people will not get anywhere near sim results if they dont have the right gear, or follow the correct rotation. that is so implied its shouldn’t be worth mentioning. BUT you didn’t seem to realise (from your reply) that OF COURSE you need other factors like gear and rotation to go with cookie cutter builds for them to work.

thats why at some points from my classes pov, its better to go with a poison focused build, but if you have different gear, its better to go with a bleed focused build.

im sorry if you took offence at my original statement, but going around calling everyone casuals is and always will be elitist. which is what you did.

that and you were actually wrong.

So, you can call someone silly, assume one’s ability to perform well in maths and decides what’s the best gameplay for others. And you are not arrogant. Yeah, right.

I know how simulations work. I’m pointing out at the fact that some people couldn’t play without them and if they couldn’t replicate everything exactly like they were in the guides, they would feel lost, and wouldn’t perform well. And couldn’t figure out how to fix their characters on their own, like YOU. Once more you just proved that you think so high of yourself, that you didn’t even bother to read and understand what I wrote before responding, you rushed to reply to me, thinking you could talk sh*t to me, not realizing that you are making a fool of yourself.

I won’t take advise from someone who thinks they can call people names but other shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Maybe its because of sharding and phasing, multi realm etc but there are loads I see of Alliance in pvp and world pvp. Especially around BFA zones, invasions, COA world quests, pvp etc.

wow is in a better state thatn its ever been so i dont know what youre talking about.

i didn’t start off out of the bat calling someone something for no reason. you had already gone around insulting others first to get the response you did from me.

you dont seem to understand anything im saying, or the context its delivered in. you are also very hostile, aggressive and ignore many of the points put across that have invalidated your point. which breeds more hostility from you. several times you’ve insulted me with no cause or justification. and least we forget, this started from you insulting someone else and in doing so, a whole group of players, probably the larger portion of people playing this game.

why should anyone call anyone any names to start with when they’re not warranted. i only called you elitist after you calling someone else casual. is your skin so thin?

you obviously are either very angry right now, or you have issues. either way, debating any subject with someone who ignores facts and is this hostile is a waste of my time. have fun degrading the next person you disagree with.

you are most likely right. i honestly dont know how sharding and phasing works, especially when it comes to the very populated servers, but the way it appears when in front of me, it seems like no one knows exactly how it works lol

are you sure we are talking about the same game ?
we are talking about World of Warcraft.

1 Like

How old are you? 8? You didn’t start it but you added to it. You are acting all righteous by telling others not to insult people, yet you allow yourself to do it.

says the dude, who rushed their replies to me thinking they had something, when they didn’t.

no justification? really?

Facts? sure they were facts.
You wanna criticize others but not be criticized. How’s that for a fact?

You delusional arrogant hypocritical moralist. How about that for “names calling”?

you’re proving my point more with every post.

please continue…