Issue with Horrific Visions - Solved

Ok, so it’s a weird one.
My GF is maining a Fury Warrior at the moment (switched from a Hunter) and I was helping her with an alt to do the entry quests and some Visions.
She died on the daily one 3 days in a row (keeps dying) and to make matters worse the big ones with Thrall are just impossible to pass with her character (I gave it a shot myself).
She’s ilvl 433-4 and can’t survive, my alt was 420 (monk) and I’m passing everything. The only fail have is when I tried to help her with it in a big Vision. Too much damage for my little guy :smiley:.

My question is - any of you suffering from the same? Or you guys have any tips on how to bypass this?
It got her really pissed with the game (understandable).

Hmm.

She should be absolutely fine.

1. Zerg down shaman on the left. Focus totem.

2. Take 2 guards - make sure she is moving out of LOS of the frontal dmg (i forget its name but it’s like a 2 second cast)

3. Kill Thrall? He does no damage if you move away from his telegraphed frontal AoE and away from the black stuff on the ground.

It’s that easy, can be done in 3 total pulls. Make sure she’s playing her class properly and using defensives (Enraged Regen and Rallying Cry not on CD when you die is bad)

Hope that helps.

1 Like

That’s how I did mine (with main and 2 alts) - no issue what so ever, Thrall is such a dummy :smiley:. I’ll look through her rotation again, might be she’s miss using something.

Thanks, mate!

My warrior was 443 but with two 415 weapons and I could pull half the zone and zerg it down, so she should be fine to get through just doing Thrall for sure!

All the best

I have absolutely no trouble with the visions at all, but if she does, there’s a few work arounds.

First of all, having cold steel hot blood helps a lot with the healing.

Bladestorm is a really good talent, as it helps with avoiding certain CC spells and it’s all around good AoE.

If youre having trouble with staying alive, going for furious charge might be a good idea. U could even combo it with double time for even more healing.

Optionally, there’s tank trinkets such as Urchin and Spore Pod.

Just always make sure to cleave your bloodthirsts and weave in victory rush whenever you don’t have any whirlwind stacks.

In all honesty, it should be very possible for her to just run in and nuke Thrall without any issue. I did it in time with my 415 DK, so it should be a piece of cake for her on her warrior.

are you sure its not a meele / movement issue that she has ? hunter is range and brain afk specc whith a pet that tanks… now she “tanks” with her own face the mobs and stands in stuff the shouldnd? … sure visions are not the best content designed for warriors… but 1-3 areas should clearable with all characters ^^

maybe next time post with her character here that we can see some stuff^^

1 Like

If she’s trouble with the Visions the issue is with her. Most likely she’s standing in every AoE possible, especially the cleave ones which can be easily sidestepped.

1 Like

I can personally solo the tainted and the two nearest bonus objectives while taking minimal damage.

I down him with ilvl below 410! So, it is all about dodging his attacks.

At that itemlevel it’s not a problem with the class or spec but with her; most likely she isn’t moving away from any of Thralls special attacks. He does 2 important special attacks.

First one is a frontal shockwave which also stuns. Simply step to his sides or behind him. The cone is quite narrow.

His other special attack is a 2 part shadow damage on the ground. One part will target the centre of the room, leaving space around the outer edges for you to move in and the other part covers the outer edges and you simply have to move to the middle. The order of outer/inner is random. He always casts his shockwave during this as well.

I think that your GF is most likely getting hit with his shockwave attack and getting stunned while standing in the shadowpools on the ground. His regular melee damage alone won’t kill her, or I would not be able to do this on my rogue when he was 405ilv with only rank 1 essences.

1. Kill mob
  2. Get Victory Rush
  3. Profit

And pick iris if you struggle on packs

and abuse the sanity orbs. Make sure you’re on 100% sanity when you go in, which irons out a few wrinkles (a couple of my characters have failed the initial one because without the sanity orb, they tend to die to sanity loss rather than actual damage.)

I currently have 405 ilvl as a fury warrior. I did not have any troubles with it. Just don’t stand in shiet and pound their shiet like Bamm bam bamm smack

silly comment, ure ilvl 449, take a reality check

Now. I also never take any damage unless it’s unavoidable. If there were large spikes of damage I would experience them as well. I’d have a better chance of surviving it due to my higher health. There are also anecdotal tales of other people doing it fine with less gear than her. When everything else is excluded there’s only one option left and that is that she takes way too much otherwise avoidable damage.

I suggest that you take that reality check your self and at the same time have your cranio-rectal problems sorted.

Yes Zion, I have a similar problem with the visions . My warrior has struggled with the AOE since the swirly floor spells became a fashion in the game. Yes you can avoid them and there is always a way round them. I find this problem is worse when you are borderline level and it does take the fun out of doing these elements in the game. It is easy if you can cast from a distance and that helps but, when you are so close to your target you cannot always avoid the AOE and or the stuns which are becoming more common. I play for fun so this is an irritation I would prefer not to have.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.