Joining heroic/mythic guilds + PVP ilvl requirement

Hi all :slight_smile:

I’m a newish player, have got my mage to 120 after leisurely working my way through the expansions, currently ilvl 392 but increasing this every day from world quests etc. Have finished Pride of Kul Tiras and just started the Nazjatar campaign.

I’m looking to join a guild to do mythic dungeons, as heroics are way too easy (with PUGs anyway). My question: what do you think would be a realistic level guild for someone at my level to apply to join right now (heroic/mythic)? I’m also on quite a small realm (Dragonblight), is it worth transferring realm for this at this point do you think?

Also another question: in the current patch, what do you think is a minimum ilvl to be competitive in PVP battlegrounds? I have found 430ish from previous posts, but these were like a year ago. It would be nice not to come last in the league table at the end each time XD

OK, so you’ve opened Nazjatar, but not started the Cloak yet.

You should quickly get your gear to 420-ish, pick up The Cloak, blitz it to Rank 5. After that, you will slowly but passively get gear up to 450 in World Quests. This is the same level you would get from Normal raids. This is enough gear in theory to start Heroic raids, but PuGs will expect more from people they are bringing.

430 is kind of the starting level for this patch. You will also want to chase the best Essences for your class and spec:

Here is a general guide to gearing up:

After the 420-430 level, your progress will mostly be through Mythic-plus dungeons. You do low-level M+, learn the routes and the approaches, work your way up.

You might want to consider looking at what’s good for the other specs as well, so that you have those as options for when you want them.

Here is a list of Alliance guilds on your realm with raiding progress:

Here is your realm forum, where guilds can advertise:

There’s a really nice group of people in the Alliance Community (cross-realm group) Scared of Dungeons

Now, when it comes to searching for a guild, in general, any level of guild might work for you. Mythic guilds often have lower-level raid teams as well. And organised guilds can pretty quicjly push you through M+ dungeons to get gear if they want you in their raid, so in guild context, item level is less important than knowing how to play well.

Should you transfer realms? … look around for a guild where you are, but if you really are motivated to make progress, you should probably get an idea of what the scene is like on busier realms like Silvermoon - or even also faction change and see the action on a busy Horde realm like Draenor. Horde is definitely more active than Alliance.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this extensive reply, Gráinne! Extremely helpful and exactly what I was looking for. I’ll try all that out and ramp up the ilvl a good bit sure :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea about looking up what’s good for the other specs too. I gather from reading around that I’m going to have to swap to Fire sooner or later if I want to be competitive, but I just like Arc too much right now XD

Cool, I’ll brush up on the guilds in my realm then, although I’ve actually since discovered the Mythic group finder (I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me it was there, I feel like I’ve read several articles saying you can only do Mythic+ with your guild or something) so maybe there is no rush on joining another guild just yet.

Thank you so much again! You’ve made my day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

Just a small tip for the ilvl - there will be timewalking events every week untill july 29th. That means a quest for doing 5 time walking dungeons each week will get you a 445 item as quest reward. The time walking dungeons also drop 425 items, you should get to 420 in no time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to clarify that. Mythic RAID groups are restricted to being from the same realm until 100 guilds clear them. This means that in practice you need a guild to do Mythic RAIDS.

Mythic and Mythic-plus DUNGEONS, however, have no realm restrictions.

Hendrick is zooming ahead with M+! Already 430!

2 Likes

Thanks both! Good to know about the mythic raids.

Hehe, yes, getting the cloak and Mythic+ dungeons have been good for bringing up the ol’ average. The amount of downtime from a certain lockdown helps as well :laughing:

Will try get those Timewalking 445s too!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.