Known Issue with Transferring Deceased Characters

This issue was resolved with a hotfix that was implemented during weekly maintenance on Wednesday, August 30.

We have a bug on Hardcore realms where some characters are not able to be deleted or transfer off the realm after their unfortunate demise, ostensibly due to mail.

We’ve been working on it, and we’ve come to the conclusion that it might take some time to resolve.

Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

What about the people who died because of the server crash?

3 Likes

This is comical.

1 Like

Read the page that comes up when you make a hardcore character instead of just clicking on OKAY.

9 Likes

This. No way they didn’t test the mail functionality and how this would interact with the transfer of dead hardcore characters… Right?

Some. Not all.

I mean, reading is hard this days. Same for the ones crying that they died due to server disconnect and demands “Scroll of Resurrect”, etc …

1 Like

I get it, it’s only “some” characters.

But to them, “some” is a high enough number of characters experiencing this issue and reporting it that prompted a Community Manager to start a brand new post acknowledging the issue.

I doubt “some” is a small number. Perhaps it’s a small percentage of players that are experiencing it, sure, but I doubt it’s a small number of players, which may indicate lack of testing on their part.

Either that, or unfortunate bug!

Good thing you dont have to pay for transfers or this would be fixed within a day lmao, what are even our subscription fees paying for at this point

1 Like

Modern day inclusive writing in retail (some of it is just so… forced) and fueling specific corporate agenda towards accomplishing this?

Or still paying Bobby off, idk.

Shut up …

You were implying that they didn’t even test the mail functionality. A bug is a bug , it happens and in this case, to SOME characters.

I swear you guys need your daily dose of QQing on the forums or else I can’t explain why SOME of you need to QQ for every bit of …a thing.

Dude, I wasn’t even complaining, I just found it funny that in less than 24hrs since launch this has happened. So of course I implied it, in a joking manner.

Not everyone is on here to complain! Good on Kaivax for acknowledging the issue and making a post about it.

And he would be tottaly right about it, bacause that question was riddling me of how can I check my mail to transfer away on a ghost. I wasn’t playing more than lvl 2 on PTR so I supposed they found a solution for this fundamental difference between HC and the rest of the game where ghosts can’t check their mail either, but you can ress and clean your mail.

Apparently they did just nothing about it.

Are you blind, “dude” ?!

This is a bug which affects SOME characters, aka a very small percent. Not testing the mail functionality would mean that everybody would have had the same problem as you.

Now off you go …

i’m sure that would have come up during testing… oh wait

Pretty sure I read somewhere that any posts on the auction house and mail would be deleted automatically upon death. But I guess they forgot to actually put that feature in before launch.

below a workaround that seems to work only for mail received from another character (doesn’t seems to work from AH)