Lag, 100% cpu load, crash

Hi,
I started getting these crashes as of recently (maybe a week or 2 ago, not sure exactly when it started). Specs in the bottom.
It starts off by freezing the game for like 5-15 sec, then my CPU load goes to 100% (checking using task manager), and then my game will either crash or turn into a disco - either way it will result in a wipe when tanking mythic progression.

It happens a bit randomly, but on average I’d say every 3rd-4th pull in raids, and way less in openworld/m+/etc. And it is only in WoW that it happens, so I’m like… not at all sure but I dont think its a hardware issue.

For one of my crashes, the reference I was given was: 5AD4E07D-3FD9-4E55-A7D4-81330B39C3DD (in case a Blizz employee sees this).

Anyone know what could be the cause of this, or how I can fix it?

Tried copy pasting my DxDiag, was a mess, so in short:

Cpu - 6600k @ 3.50GHz
Gpu - Nvidia 1060 6gb

Since Im unable to link a clip of the disco-mode, if you wanna see what its like, search youtube for: 5133588+16+64871252614984621346++651

How much GB of RAM do you have? with 8.1.5 RAM usage grew up drastically.

I have 16gb… And Im playing Anthem, which is way more demanding from what Ive heard (on both cpu and gpu), without problems on similar settings.

1 Like

I have problems also, right after patch came my performance was halved with more resource usage. This must be bad optimalization.

Same happens to me. in open world it is kinda fine, happens a lot less but it still does freeze often, than i get into the dungeon and suddenly freeze and immidietly after that it crashes, happend like 3 times in 15 minutes now and is annoying as hell and only happens after 8.1.5 come out never before. hoping for a fix as soon as possible.

Yeah its only just recently that it started happening. Raiding right now, gonna try directx 11 legacy, 11 and 12 and see if theres a difference.

Heya,

It does not look like you sent up the crash report, sot hat is not something I can look into at the moment. If this does happen again, make sure to submit the crash report when it comes up so we can have a look.

For now, please post your System Files so we can have a closer look into this. Go through the steps listed here, and create both the MSInfo and DxDiag files. Post them on a page like Pastebin.com or share directly with us through OneDrive. Post the links here afterwards, so we can have a look.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Hi,
Im not able to post links, so I cant link the dxdiag and msinfo32. However, I think changing to Directx11 Legacy fixed it, I dont recall getting any crashes after doing so last night.

You can post link, but you must use tylda before and after link so your text will look like this one / tylda but not this ~ one