Last wish - Nightborne customization

4 Likes
4 Likes

Bumping because yes.

4 Likes

More customization is always good.

Unfortunately, Blizzard made Allied Races as a quick money grab, not something they want to maintain up to standard.

No allied race got anything much… it’s just that the Nightborne had pretty much nothing to begin with.

imho I think Nightborne look very weird (especially female shoulders, but that’s a problem of night elf skeleton - they look bad on night elf females too, and they are a bit less skinny to boot). It would probably be better if they were just using Zandalari troll skeletons and only had a bit less muscular bodies.

4 Likes

End it Blizzard… end our CBT…

Good points.

https://swampgallows.tumblr.com/post/170396600870/sundarter-replied-to-your-post-we-need-more-asian/amp

4 Likes

completely random question but is there a reason why nightborne can be priests and not paladin?

also justice for nightborne players, the disparity between the player models and npc’s is insane.

4 Likes

Nightborne need to wait until AFTER Shadowlands as Blizzard said.

As the forumers always say, you cant have what you want. you need to wait

They really don’t like when lots of races can be pally for some reason.

4 Likes

i agree, cause the current MoP representation of asian culture is a parody.
some good looking asian themed playables would be a huge +

4 Likes

From Nightborne NPCs :

“Stars guide you.”

“Walk in the moonlight.”

“May you ever walk in moonlight.”

“Kal’theros maldiv.”

Even though, the Nightborne were cut off from their Goddess Elune, some remaining priests were practicing their traditions. Do not forget the fact that Moon is a central symbol of the Suramar even though they have evolved.

The Nightelven community, priests does not worship the Light, they worship the Moon light.

Long story short, the Nightborne priests in fact are cultists. As many of the priests have evolved into Astromancers.

3 Likes

No one can guarantee this, we will fight till we get what we want.

3 Likes

I mean i like your fire and determination. But people will just tell you what they told me, “wait”.

They can say whatever they want, idc.

But we will not be silent, till we get what we want.

“Wait” is not a response, we need a straight answer from the developers.

5 Likes

Is there a source on this? Astromancers are, to my knowledge, a type of mage. They are specialized in divination magic relating to the stars. This is a type of arcane magic that has nothing to do with the Light.

As for the paladin question: Nightborne aren’t becoming paladins for the same reason Night Elves aren’t becoming paladins. Both groups worship the Holy Light only through their worship of Elune. The practices of the followers of Elune are quite different from those who follow the Church of the Holy Light. This begs the question: why does the Church produce warrior-priests (i.e. paladins), while the followers of Elune do not? This is actually never explicitly adressed, but I would guess it’s for cultural and historical reasons. The Night Elves (and by extension the Nightborne) seem have chosen to make a more strict distinction between warriors and priests. They simply never opted to create knightly orders like the Knights of the Silver Hand. This could be because they never really had a reason: after the War of the Ancients the Night Elves lived in relative peace. The Sentinels were more than enough to deal with most issues. They weren’t faced with any serious threats until the last few decades (which isn’t a lot of time for a priesthood that has existed for over 10k years). Meanwhile the Church of the Holy light is a relatively young organization which has been faced with the threat of demons and undead for much of its existence. This could be their motivation to create paladins in response to these threats.

Technically speaking there is nothing stopping a priest(ess) of Elune from picking up a sword and armor and learning to use holy magic up close, but it’s not something he/she would learn from fellow Night Elves. It just not done in their culture, which is why players don’t have access to the class. It’s similar to Draenei and warlocks: technically a Draenei can become a warlock, same as any other race in the universe, but it’s not at all part of Draenei culture.

2 Likes

I apologise.

I wanted to type Chronomancer, I was thinking of it but typed a wrong thing :expressionless:

When it comes to the warlock Draenai I agree, as I still have no idea why the Nightborne can be a Warlock without having an option to be a Felborne. As only warlock Nightborne we know were the Felborne. Same applies for the Highmountain Tauren, the feltotem.

6 Likes

Together we stand until we get our beloved nightborne customization and rework done!

Blizzard, although we disappointed, we still have hopes you will listen to us!

Justice for the shal’dorei!

5 Likes

For the Shal’dorei!

I hope they add Arcane glowing hands like the pictures

5 Likes

I love how this thread gained so much traction in the past months! Hope for the best! :smiley:

4 Likes

Bump.
We will not rest until Blizzard give the Nightborne the respectful new features that they deserve.

5 Likes