Latest developer post about Wrath Classic Feedback and Decisions

Genuine question, is there a reason why we don’t have this blue post in EU classic forums?

edit: Changed the title, got the answer from Dottie :heart:

1 Like

Yes, it’s a dev post and the devs never post in the EU forums.

1 Like

Hmm, ok. That explains it. Thanks!

Because it’s mainly a US game, EU is an after thought. I also think they want to gauge the response to changes on US forums first. The wording and the reasons behind some of the changes listed in that blue post is concerning, STOP MAKING CHANGES.

People wanted Classic so they didn’t have to play elsewhere, and the demand for it was there. Now those people are an after thought, over ruled by dumb corporate pillars of design or values or whatever they put out.

I don’t think they realise how much these changes are felt by the core majority who want the game as it was.

1 Like

However, we’re convinced by the argument that being able to play with your friends is more important, and that you should be able to bring your accomplishments with you when you do.

Uh, all of sudden? Why is Firemaw still locked for transfers? And if the ability to play with friends is so important, why did you lock a realm in the first place? Blizzard condraticting himself, typical.

I like how the post is in fire because of no RDF.

But, i want to thanks Vanilla players for having succeeded to ruin our Wotlk.
Waiting 4 years after for that…
This community is really the worst i never seen in 12 years of World of Warcraft, and it’s kinda funny to see that this worst community is finally Vanilla players.

2 Likes

More retail players have come to Classic. Any of the players wanting a Classic experience do not want changes, that was the foundation of the servers being created in the first place. Vanilla players care about the game and keeping it as it was, it’s all the others who are wanting changes and Blizzard who are foolishly entertaining them that makes the community the way it is. That and lazy mindsets.

1 Like

Lack of RDF is change tough. Otherwise they’d say “We will bring it back in ICC phase”, but they clearly stated its gone. So cut to the chase here. If u no changes for real, Youd argue that with Blizz…otherwise u just cherrypick what u want…thats all.

Jesus, do you realize the full contradiction in your message ?
Talking about no changes while you delete RDF for ever ? And only RDF ?

What about this ??? =>

Yes and we did not have these things until ICC :melting_face:

• Summoning Stones: To use any Summoning stone, a character must be at least level 15. There is no maximum level to use these meeting stones.
  • Health and Mana Regeneration: These regeneration rates have been increased up to 200% for low level characters. As the character level increases, regeneration rates gradually decrease, until returning to normal rates at level 15.
  • Troll and Orc shaman totems now have their own unique appearance.
  • Nerfed Oculus
  • The distance at which these health bars are visible to players has been increased by 40 yards. (oh wait, isn’t already enabled on TBC ? :slight_smile: )
  • The speed of improving the Norfendre reputations has been increased by approximately 30%.

Yes and we did not have these things until ToC :melting_face:

• Cast duration to summon any ground mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
  • The skill Apprentice Rider (75) can now be learned at level 20 for 4 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 20 to direct them to the riding master.
    Companion Rider skill (150) can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 40 to send them again to the riding master.
    The Expert Rider skill (225) can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from Honor Hold or Thrallmar masters. Faction discounts are now applied (Honour Hold for the Alliance, Thrallmar for the Horde). Flight speed at this skill level increased to 150% of run speed from 60%.
    Artisan Rider Skill (300): Faction discounts are now applied (Honor Hold or Valor Expedition for the Alliance, Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for the Horde).
    To continue harmonizing the number of mounts available for purchase for each race, a new 60% speed ground mount has been added for night elves, and a new 100% speed ground mount has been added for Forsaken.
  • Object comparisons: by pressing the Shift key. while hovering over an item with the mouse now displays the stat differences from the currently equipped item in the corresponding slot.
  • Portals have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind to lead players to the Stairs of Destiny at the Dark Portal.
  • A new zeppelin dock has been added to Thunder Bluffs to allow Horde players easier travel to and from Orgrimmar.
  • The local mail department got tired of walking so far each day to collect mail and decided to install a large number of new mailboxes in Stormwind, Undercity, Darnassus and Orgrimmar.
  • All stackable potions are now stackable by 20.

Yes and we did not have these things until Ulduar :melting_face:

• All ground mounts can now swim without unhorsing their rider. Flying mounts still cannot swim and dismount their rider when entering water.
  • DOUBLE SPEC
  • Applying a glyph no longer requires being near a Lexicon of Power. The same rules apply for changing glyphs
  • Players no longer need to complete the Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler quest to become Artisan Anglers. The quest rewards you with a special premium fishing rod. Players who have already completed this quest can visit Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh to receive this new fishing rod.

RDF is not a RAID or a DUNGEON, it’s a mecanic/parameter like all i listed before.

You just want a CUSTOM WOTLK, you don’t like this game, go to Classic ERA and stop trying to ruin our game.

Vanilla players should care about their Classic ERA dead instead to appropriate every expansion of the game.

When Classic 2019 was announced every Classic players was upset on every pserv/retail players who make a post about RDF or any changes.
“This is our game, this game isn’t for you, you don’t like this game, we finaly have our best version of the game, the rest is bad, go back to retail”

And now when Wotlk players can have their own expansion Classic players want to do somechanges for themself to transforme Wotlk Classic in Wotlk Vanilla like.

This is the worst community i ever seen in World of Warcraft.

1 Like

They clearly and emphatically stated NoChanges. Then SomeChanges. But these are FeatureChanges not consistent with the game.

1 Like

What is not consistent is Vanilla players got their Classic ERA, now let us alone with our Wotlk.
Vanilla players have nothing to do in Wotlk, they don’t like Wotlk, Wotlk isn’t for them, they want to transform Wotlk in Vanilla like, go back to Classic ERA.

What is going on, I don’t think I understand what you’re saying. No Vanilla Classic player is caring about TBC or WOTLK Classic, that’s why they’re on Vanilla, where did that idea even come from? WOTLK Classic should be WOTLK, not a changed game.

But I don’t want RDF to be deleted, I never ever said that anywhere. I want WOTLK Classic to be as it was, fine tune class abilities etc sure, but features wise it needs to be as it was.

1 Like

That’s not true because Classic ERA is dead because they all moved to TBC Classic and now they are planning to move to Wotlk that’s why they cried about no RDF, because they want to transform it before.

And why are you talking about

While there is no RDF ?
Wotlk is already changed

Can you read my longue post please ???

Also :

You are here just to put your opinion in mode “RDF ruined the game”, while we explain the things, the real things based on the present, not on the past, not blinded because RDF hurt feeling, not based on “in my memories” because everything based on it was a fail when you read the old post in 2019 before Classic

I remember in 2019 on the forum :

• There is no rush on Classic
  • Classic is for old Vanilla players
  • Retail players will leave the game after 1 month
  • Retail players will leave the game after lvl 30
  • Retail players will leave after 3 months
  • Classic is ultra social
  • Classic is a chill game
  • There is no min max on Classic
  • People will stop to play for you and help you

An example :

I’m not going to do yet another topic to tell you that WoW Classic is awesome, that you’re going to live on love and fresh water by the side of a campfire while slowly climbing to your 60 and that you’ll be projected 15 years backward. I don’t need to convince you of that.

On the other hand, I would like to invite you to several things surely already proposed here and there.

Share.
Swap. barter
Help
Discuss
Take your time
Make friends
Learn / Do Rp (if you like that. come to Auberdine in this case).
Put your interests after those of the players around you when possible.

Good dream good dream.

And after that players cried :
“I don’t remember that on Vanilla”
“It wasn’t like that on Vanilla” “Classic is not Vanilla”
“Some players stole my Ore while i’m already mining”,
“Players like to stole and tag mobs while you are already casting”
“The game is too easy i don’t remember that”
“Some players, guild and even faction control the DIABLOSAURE LEATHER
“Layering Blizzard this is not Classic !”
“10k players on a server Blizzard it’s not Classic”
“The community disappoints me”
“Tonight I’m answering an ad, I’m being grouped, I’m kicked instantaneously before I even had time to write good evening because there is already a war.”
“3 days ago we are 5 at the level of the respawn of a mob that we all need to validate a quest, I naturally propose to group, nobody answers everyone prefers to play the 20% chance of obtaining the mob that the 100%…”
“An hour ago I saved a guy about to die with 3 mobs after him I took back his aggro in extremis, he sat down and watched me kill his mobs without helping or even a thank you.”
“5 minutes ago I ask a mage with for some bread that I also saved from certain death, no thanks and he royally ignores me.”
“I ask for help to kill an elite mob in order to validate my oh how difficult quest of war lvl 30, nobody answers I give up after 30 min to take me wind on wind and I come to pay 1po a guy for that”
“I’m jaded by these antisocial behaviors, it’s not my way of playing I like to get involved, say hello to people I meet in a zepelin, help those in need, chat with a stranger that I don’t have could not save, help another for a quest not too far, answer questions asked on the /1, give advice, do wild pvp, use emotes etc etc.”

Well, i think i can stop now there is enough example.
Yeah yeah the real Classic experience, i believe it.

Good memories but the reality is quite different.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the case myself, I haven’t seen specifically vanilla players saying or wanting that on forums or in-game, but I could have missed it as I’m rarely on these feedback forums.

I edited my last post to mention this, but think you already posted. But I want RDF to be there, I want it all to be there as it was feature wise in WOTLK. Changing the features is changing the game into something it’s not. A minority of people are ruining it, as they do with everything in life.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.