Let PvPers play PvP in Shadowlands

Thats all we need. Let us gear through PvP. This Essence grind is mindless, tedious and unfun.

Imagine if we could have farmed Azerite Gear, Essences, PvP gear and Corruptions with CP and Marks Of Honor.

38 Likes

where are the essences in shadowlands?

he probably means pve grind in general.

2 Likes

Have you checked what’s happening in Shadowland for PvP yet ?

I mean before opening topic it’s good to make some research.

To start, PvP vendor is back.

7 Likes

What if pvp gear from vendors is trash and the best gear comes from raids and m+? What would top arena players do then?

PvP gear needs to be the best for Pvp, and Pve gear should be weaker in PvP. And Vice-versa.

26 Likes

So if i’m a PvE player, i’m not allowed to play PvP ? and Vice-versa ?

Don’t you have learn the lesson of corruption : wrong corruption = loose ?

Pve gear should be equal to PvP gear.
None should be superior like they have done in BFA with the superior PvE gear.

You want to bring imbalance, and stop new player trying out PvP and stop PvP player that play 10% of the time in PvE for the fun to deny them of the PvE content.

2 Likes

I’m a filthy casual PvP player with trash item level, you won’t see me getting any invites to high keys in m+. I think it’s fair. Why should a Pve player be able to compete in pvp if all they do is raids and dungeons?

22 Likes

If you do that that make people deny from doing other content than you.
And i don’t think it’s fair.

Raider io and Ranked Rating already manage those.

Edit : edited post , flagged by community for extraenous. Modified the post to make it with a better behavior.

Its PvE game with PvP elements…
Not other way around.

7 Likes

Not deny, no. But the strongest gear for Pvp should not come from doing Pve, that’s what I’m trying to say, sorry If I came off aggressive.

6 Likes

So if PvE = PvP , PvP gear and PvE gear is fine, there is none superior

I’d be happy if Blizzard made PvE and PvP gear equal, but that won’t happen probably. Because they want to keep Raids the ultimate end-game with the ultimate rewards.

Actually if you have seen the item that drop in the dungeons, there only simple gear and simple trinket, that mean for trinket they look like all +331 primary stats +331 secondary stats.
there’s no more RNG.
So clearly there no supremacy anymore.

exept they change something in the last minutes, but they will not change now.

That why Shadowlands will be PvE = PvP in term of stats gearing.

1 Like

I really hope so :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Why should arena players get away with not farming essence etc, it’s just as fun for the pve players to grind the same thing over and over.

I’ll guide you to my Topic, what I say in there is the simple solution to PvP gearing (if they refuse to put resilience back) Save PVP gearing in SL - #35 by Yannila-silvermoon-2659

2 Likes

It is simply. There should be some new primary stat. PVP reduce/deal more dmg to players. PVE reduce/deal more dmg to monsters in dungeons/raids. That equip you can buy only from PVP or PVE vendor.

It is easy as that . . .

Edit: if is there some grind, like heart of azeroth for some added powers, it should be common for both but only from rep. grind in open world or doing questlines, not from PVP (bg, arenas) or PVE (dungeons, raids). . .

2 Likes

If they let you gear up through PVP only and do nothing else but arenas, you will come in the forums like all these pvp players did back in WoD and cry out because you are BORED.

WoD was your dream scenario, PVP vendor, PVP currency with a higher cap to higher ratings, PVP gear sets, PVE gear was useless inside arenas, PVE trinkets where ultra garbage inside arenas because PVP trinkets had a set bonus.

Yet they all whined.
Therefore they know that they have to keep you occupied with pve activities so you… Will be kept occupied and whine less :rofl:

3 Likes

They never said that. You are being hyperbolic. If you wanna do both PvP and PvE. You can, if you wanna perform well in PvP, you can farm the PvP gear while PvP’ing. I used to do both PvE and PvP in WotLK, Cata, MoP, and WoD. And it was way better than it is right now.

No. PvE gear should be the best gear for PvE and PvP gear should be the best gear for PvP.

Oh, enough with that excuse. We were all new players at some point. We all started the game playing PvE before starting to PvP. If new players want to PvP, they can. They won’t have the best gear for it, but none of us will unless we farm it in PvP.

Also, you are the one who wants to keep this whole thing “imbalanced”.

10 Likes

I don’t think so, PvP gear should be superior for pvp and pve gear be superior for pve. for example I remember in wotlk you’d stack resilience (worked kinda like versatility does today) and if you didn’t have atleast some resilience on your gear you’d most likely get twoshot by a PvP geared with a gearscore 1k lower than you. That’s just how it was. PvP gear was better for PvP back then. On the flip side if you brought PvP gear to raids in wotlk you’d most likely be booted from the raid, simply because PvP gear was useless in pve.

By all means if you wanted to try PvP, go for it, but back then you weren’t handed gear on a silver plate like you do nowadays, everyone had to grind for PvP gear if they wanted it, And that’s how it should stay. I 100% want PvP gear to be better in pvp than pve gear, and make aquiring the PvP gear a PvP grind, not just “do 3 battlegrounds a week to fill out your conquest bar”… and I also want PvP gear to not even be viable in pve in the same way as pve gear is. If you want to do both, well you better grind out two gear sets in that case :man_shrugging:

4 Likes