LF a RP guild

Hello

I’m a returning player but new to this server.
I’ve role played a long time ago (but will probably need a bit of help to get back into it)

My fiancee has never RP’ed before but really wants to, so she will need to be taught from the ground up.

Ideally we are looking for a smallish guild with very patient members.

Please don’t hesitate to reply to this

4 Likes

I hope self-advertisement is okay.

If you’re both Alliance, the Botany Band is a small RP guild that meets every Monday (including a couple of non-member regulars) and conducts a lecture or an adventure, usually about botany or herbalism. And even if your characters don’t know much about those topics, we’re a friendly bunch who welcome people that can be taught everything.

5 Likes

I don’t want nor mean to debase the Botany Band; they really are lovely folk! :heart:
But they can be a little… “herbalistic” :wink:
However, they are, I think, the most active Alliance RP guild on these triplet realms (judging by forum posts here, and my casual in-game experience) :slightly_smiling_face:

Another guild that comes to mind, is the Refuge of the Lost, but I must admit I am not sure if they are an active RP guild (even though I have an alt in there, but… casual… and many alts… Sorry, “Refugees!” :blush: )
If you haven’t already, I’d like to recommend you /join LookingForRP in the in-game chat.

I would have suggested the BattleTag LookingForRP community with an invite link, but Blizzard won’t let me.

I think it should come up if you search the forum for LookingForRP.

4 Likes

They do have a couple of RPers, but the guild itself is not an RP guild, as far as I’m aware. Their calendar is full of raids, not RP.

4 Likes

Also regarding the Botany band, I have no idea what they do outside (or inside?) of their open events… They may very well not be as …herbalistic… as I have come to think :hugs:

4 Likes

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Botany Band on Alliance side. It’s small, friendly and super fun. I have my human alt there and I’m having a blast. 8)

And in case you’re interested in Horde RP as well, the Hand is always open to beginners and returning players! Here’s our thread.

4 Likes

Plenty of nice alternatives here!
Wayward Vagrants is another Horde guild. We’re a smaller guild with a mercenary theme, and a group of friendly people.
Here’s our recruitment thread, if it sounds interesting.

Good luck in your guild hunt!

6 Likes

I don’t know about The Horde side of things but the two above mentioned ones are among the more active and visible ones. “Ebon Flame” and “Rhyme and Punishment” are also two nice groups of people that are around back from the olden days. They are around still but don’t know how active they are.

I would have mentioned my own bunch of nelves but eh it’s basically just me that’s around on a somewhat steady basis. I’m nice (at least I think that I am), but pressed on time and I am just only one person so there’d be a lot of silent time sadly.

4 Likes

Pssssst… You can always come visit us @ the Dalaran Greenhouse if you’re feeling lonely! We have Night Elves! And gross plants! And… uh, a sentient bush…?

2 Likes

There’s a few of us in Rhyme and Punishment active. We’ve got a few more longtime members who are currently taking a break due to BfA frustrations though so we haven’t run our own events for a while.

4 Likes

Hey Ufarien :butterfly:

Welcome to Moonglade!

I think it would help to know, which kind of RP you and your fiancée are looking for? :slight_smile: Is it the casual walk-up RP? Or the event hosted RP? Or a mix of both?

The Botany Band has an event every Monday, but as for casual walk-up RP, that has to be found elsewhere, sadly. But that is probably expected on a server such as Moonglade, considering the low population? I am not certain.

I do not have much insight into the other RP Guilds on the server though, and most importantly; I have not been the most active RP player myself recently, as I am slowly preparing for Classic.

If you want to experience a RP event, I imagine you are always welcome to join The Botany Band on their adventures every Monday at 20.00 server time. The atmosphere is welcoming and open, and generally slow paced, so it could be a nice fit for your fiancée, being new to RP and all. :comet:

Good luck ahead to both of you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We’re certainly open to recruitment and have the time to support newcomers, experienced or otherwise. We’re all also very close-knit OOC. Generally, a very amusing, albeit relaxed environment and many of us are not lore-shy :slight_smile: as for IC, if it’s a chiller, mercenary styled theme you’re after, we’d be happy to have more ragtag miscreants onboard!

4 Likes

My tip is to search for threads with “RP” in the headline here on the realm forums (add an “A” for Alliance, “H” for Horde, or “N” for neutral if you want). Then you’ll find recruitment threads as well as event announcements from active RP-guilds and roleplayers, and a pointer on who to contact. We may be a little tricky to find, us RP-ers on the Sha’glade Cartel, but we’re usually worth the time :). Best of luck!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.