Looking for a new home (server) ENG EU

I was eyeing Doomhammer already. Turalyon is a US server though :frowning:

Argent Dawn is pretty good on both sides, people are usually kinder on these servers, you have alot of casual guilds and some mythic raiding guilds, descent community with a wierd trade chat

Just leave the RPers alone if you are not interested in it

1 Like

When did Turalyon became a US server? This char is on that realm. :wink:

Turalyon and Doomhammer are connected - sharing economy and playerbase for guilds.

The problem is that not all servers are connected though, right? In case of Grom Batol that’s just two connected servers, one of them is entirely Portuguese

There’s something called sharding. Basically they take a group of players from one realm and pair it with a group from another realm. That way you will see Alliance/Horde players regardless of the fact your realm is 90% Horde or Alliance.

Connected realms are different. It’s just 2-3 or more realms merged into one big realm.

I just looked it up on wowprogress but I can only find a server with that name on the US list. Maybe the list is just not complete?
So you’re an EU ENG player that could vouch for this server connection? :slight_smile:

Biased but Id recomend my server Bloodhoof.

Yes, I can vouch for the connected realms Doomhammer/Turalyon as a decent EU ENG realm. It doesn’t matter if you move to Doomhammer or Turalyon due to their nature of being connected. And Turalyon is probably not on that list because it is connected with Doomhammer, and Doomhammer is the first name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah okay, I didnt even know that there was sharding existing next to connected realms. To understand that right: Do connected reals still use sharding with other realms?

Yes, they do.

But how did the situation with Grom Batol happen then? In the chat there people actively told me that it is mostly Portuguese and even warned me to join.
In this other forum thread is also a full on discussion about it:

BTW I just checked wowprogress. By searching for Turalyon I got a suggested EU-Turalyon, which leads to EU-Connected Doomhammer. So this confirms that I wrote above.

1 Like

Thank you for your input. It became our favourite in the possible choices and we will most likely check this one out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m guessing one or both realms had population issues so they merged them. They do that with very low populated servers.

The fact that they merged it with a Portuguese server is weird and shouldn’t have happened imo.

1 Like

If this is not the normal case then I have hopes that we wont run into this in another server. Thanks for explaining how the game changed in that regard. I also looked up sharding in the wiki in the meantime. We will probably follow Skadefryden’s vouch and check out Doomhammer with that in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish you and your friends happy gaming!

1 Like

Thanks alot! Same to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m on Magtheridon on the EU side, alliance.

Can honestly say I end up playing with more people from other servers than my own most of the time in dungeons etc. Maybe more from home server when it comes to random epic BG’s, which might explain why we lose so many…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.