Looking For Demon Hunter RP

Hello folks, I hope you are all well and staying safe.
I’ve recently returned to Argent Dawn after a short break, and I’m hoping to find some Demon Hunter RP.
Are there any active guilds or communities currently?

Thank you in advance for any and all information. I really appreciate you taking the time.

4 Likes

If you are looking for a demon hunter guild I would recommend the Veiled Glaive.

7 Likes

In my definitely and absolutely unbiased opinion, I would also reccomend The Veiled Glaive :wink: We love demon hunters, demon hunter lore and anyone who’s enthusiastic about DH rp. Get in touch if you like <3

3 Likes

I got a question about DH RP, how does it work these days since Sargeras is likely defeated so his army is gone too?
I can understand that there is a portion of his army who still linger around on Azeroth but I wonder how does DH RP work these days? What is it you guys do these days?

I mean, most of these Demon Hunters became Demon Hunters to defend their people; so I suppose they could refocus their efforts on the next big threat(Old Gods, Sylvanas, Shadowlands) while hunting down the remaining Demons in the mean time…

I think that could make for a viable development for Demon Hunter characters

3 Likes

It could and I hope its something like that.
It would create a great character development too which is always nice.

2 Likes

I Remember A Forum Post From Years Back Like In Cata Or Mop People Were Talking About How To Do Dh The Right Way And Someone Was Seriously Saying You Should Just Go To Ashenvale Or Felwood On Your Own And Kill Demon Mobs For Months And Months And Eventually Someone Would Notice You And Ask To Rp With You So You Should Try That Maybe

6 Likes

The only demon hunter in lore that comes to my mind is this guy, after Legion:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Marius_Felbane

Who seems to be still going about and hunting demons, so I guess they do that. Hunting remnants of the legion or cultists.

2 Likes

Friendly reminder that the Legion conquered countless words. Sargeras may not be around any more, but the demons still easily pose an existential threat to Azeroth (and beyond). One way to angle your DH role-play is to work towards ending said threat once and for all.

2 Likes

It’s like the man said I thought something like that was the case.
Even though you removed their leader they will still linger around and cause chaos.

1 Like

The Veiled Glaive on the Alliance, the Fel Hunt on the Horde. I have no idea if there are communities in place.

1 Like

We basically do what Moridunum just said. Since our characters became Dhs to combat a threat to Azeroth, and became quite powerful in doing so, we like to think we’re well placed to combat future threats to Azeroth! we’re on an old-gods themed campaign now, and after that, who knows, maybe more demons, maybe whatever faces Azeroth next , maybe more demons

2 Likes

I feel that the big problem with this angle is how one would work to pull it off; especially since you simply cannot roleplay the endless worlds the Demons conquered. Aside from the fact that one would have to work solely with Demon Hunters(or Warlocks) since others appear to be refocussing most of their effort on “bigger” threats!(which could work as an interesting story-angle itself)

1 Like

The communities outside of those already mentioned are fairly thin on the ground and mainly consist of guilds who ALSO take Demon Hunters. For Alliance I think Dirge of Teldrassil does, as well as the many other guilds on the faction.

It wouldn’t however be untrue to say that DH rp is generally sparse since Legion, as Demon Hunters have a really big ‘why?’ question hanging over them in a world that doesn’t have the inevitable doom that is Sargeras hanging over it. For me that’s compelling story but your mileage may vary.

Something to try is to actively look around for campaigns and server roleplay. They tend to be better fits for Demon Hunters than city rp, which doesn’t mesh well with a fel-corrupted horror.

2 Likes

Dirge of Teldrassil accepts demon hunters, should you wish to give the vengeful night elf trope a try!

2 Likes

%100 check out Veiled Glaive!

This is Azeroth, wait a few months and some new world ending threat will show its face. plenty of stuff for an Illidari to do!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.