Looking for guild/group (shadowlands)

So, Shadowlands is around the corner and I thought i’d give wow another shot. A fresh start with a new guild.

This might seem like a odd request, but is there any guilds for socially awkward people? People that might be quiet/shy and never really take the first step to social interaction, but still want to be invited to group content/events etc. In my experience, guilds tend to have their established social cliques, and as a socially awkward outsider they are difficult to get into. I never feel like a part of the team.

I’ve been playing wow on and off basically as a single player game since warlords of draenor. But I started playing back in the vanilla days. First got into raiding in wrath of the lich king. Ever since wrath I’ve mostly played the solo-able content and left it at that. Some raid finder and random dungeons. Did the first raid in WoD with a small Swedish guild, but it kind of dissolved after that due to lack of interest. I have never done any mythic dungeons (don’t even really know what that is). I like the game, but it’s just not that fun alone (duh). I’m not a competitive person or the min/max-ing type. I like to progress and be helpful, but don’t feel any need to be the best or whatever.

Anyway, faction/realm doesn’t really matter. As long as it’s on a EU realm. I might reroll a character.

As for myself, i’m 41 years old and live in Sweden. I work as a software programmer for a gaming company. Affinity for cats and dogs. Been gaming and coding for most of my life. Spotify playlist consists mostly of metal music.

2 Likes

Hey Dijkstra, You will be very welcome at Liberum Mortis Inferno. It’s a new horde guild on kazzak, casual and laidback. Very open to anyone, and also a great learning enviroment for new and returning players. But also for players that like to learn content in the game that they haven’t done before, or as in your case content they’ve soloed but not played in group/guild form really.

If you like anymore info, my battletag: NightBlade#22387

Hello, good people of Azeroth and beyond. We hope you’re doing well in these riddled times where Uncle Corona has come over for a visit and forced people to stay home.

< Its A Cultural Thing > on Draenor is recruiting for Shadowlands primarily, but also for this raid tier.

About us

We’re a newly found guild that’s taking recruitment slowly to build up the right playerbase with the right mentality towards progress and have similar and likeminded goals as ours. Our ambitions for Shadowlands are world top 500 ranking and in order to obtain that, certain things are needed and required of us on a 3 night raid schedule. You can expect us spending countless hours outside of raids to prepare properly with classes, specs, tactics, spreadsheets and so on for each raid night. Our philosophy is mechanics over big numbers and that you provide feedback where feedback is due. This newly found guild is formed by current mythic raiders of other guilds with high-end experience from past raids as well as Ny’alotha.

For the time being until Shadowlands, we clear Heroic Ny’alotha on friday nights.

Raid times

• Wednesday

• Sunday

• Monday (First 4 weeks of Mythic, after these weeks, this will become optional heroic nights for alts)

• 20:30 - 23:00

What we expect from you

• Come prepared tactically and do your own research as well as testing raids during PTR cycles
  • Come with all mandatory buffs such as food, flasks and potions.
  • Be equipped with best enchants and gems
  • Hard-skinned as we do have a lot of banter
  • During progress, you might be asked to play one of your alts for the sake of progress.
  • A working headset with microphone and willingness to speak as communication is key for progression.

What you can expect from us

• A good and stable roster with focus on best possible gameplay
  • Lots of banter
  • Criticism where criticism is due
  • Calm and relaxed environment
  • A long standing officer team that’s played together for several years
  • Professional attitude and atmosphere towards progression

Any other information or questions, make sure to drop by our Discord for a chat.

discord.gg/hRg99cH

Last Rites are currently in a rebuild stage, after taking a little break after The Eternal Palace. We’re looking for some nice, positive people to join our roster ready for Shadowlands. We are a family friendly guild and very community based. Our main aim is to progress through the end-game content at a steady pace, all while having a lot of fun and laughs along the way! That doesn’t mean we don’t take our raiding seriously. But, we do feel that a large section of the WoW community in recent years, emphasize putting progress above all else . We’d like to get the kills, while maintaining the close knit community of friends that we are. As of right now, we’re mainly doing M+/Heroic clears while we continue to build our core raid team for SL.

We raid on a very family friendly schedule:

Wednesday, Sunday: 21:00 - 00:00 Server time.
Tuesday: 21:00 - 00:00 - Optional- ALT run/M+

As of right now our progress is:
N’AL 12/12 HC
Mythic EP 5/8M
Heroic COS 2/2
Mythic BOD 3/9
Mythic Uldir 2/8

Roles open to raid team:
Tank - Closed
Healer- Shaman/Monk/Druid
Melee - DH/Pala/Monk
Ranged - Ele/Mage/Lock/Spriest

If you are interested in being a part of our community and raid team then please don’t hesitate to contact us on discord or in game:
@[LR]ShaunShroud
ShaunStewart#2220 - Community Manager.
@DanielleD92
SallyField#2901 - Recruitment.

Hope to see you in game!

Kind Regards, Last Rites Team!

A bit off-topic, but do you have any advice on landing a software development job in Sweden? You seem to have lots of experience and I thought it could be worth asking! :smiley:

Hi there Dijkstra,

I suppose the character name you chose has had its background (I’m a software engineer too :wink: ).

Perhaps my guild, BEAST on Eonar-EU, could be an interesting choice for you.
It is a fairly small guild (with future growth ambition) that does a few mythic 5-mans each week, but is not yet ready for raiding in terms of experience and size.

Because we’re not that big there is much room for personal attention as well.

This guild was started by me because the GM of my previous guild had died after which the guild slowly fell apart. The primary goal for BEAST is to bring people together and learn from eachother how to become better.

If you’re interested have a peak at our recruitment thread: [A][Eonar] <BEAST> seeks you! Do you have what it takes to..... make fun? Experience a fun time with great people in our guild!

Hello Dijkstra.

We might just have the right place for you.

Please have a read and get in contact with us if you would like to know more :slight_smile:

It’s been quite a while since I had to apply for jobs. I’ve been with the same company since 2013. And I landed that job because I knew the people in that company from earlier. I only had come in for one interview and it was mostly formalities. I think any advice applying for tech jobs in general should be applicable. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Dijkstra :wave:

We can offer different activities in our guild. Think many people who struggled with being shy, slowly opened up around us. Even I have my quite periods. It´s normal and all depends on the people you are surounded. :wink:

Maybe this is something for you :

:amphora: Ancient Souls :amphora: is a new guild on Ravencrest-EU. We are group of adults who enjoy their time in WoW as much as outside of it. Our goal is to build a community with main focus being mythic raiding with reasonable progress on schedule that allows us to take care of our daily lives as well as have fun in Azeroth.

We strive to create a positive atmosphere for anyone in the guild regardless of their aim in the game.

Our leadership has long time experience with raiding in some of the top 50 guilds of the past as well as mythic N’zoth progression in 8.3. Our estimate for Castle Nathria is
5-6/10M before next content patch.

Raiding Schedule:
Main raids:
Wednesday and Sunday: 20:00 - 23:00 ST

Alt raid (non compulsory):
Monday: 20:00 - 23:00 ST

You can also expect daily m+ runs of any and all difficulties as well as more social events, drunk raids and more fun during our offdays.

Whether you focus on raiding, mythic+, pvp or just want to have fun in general, you are free to join us and become part of our community.

Outside of the game we have very active Discord server as well as Facebook group, where you can get to know us and see who you’re playing with.

Tathi :tulip:
Guild Master of Ancient Souls

Battle net : Tipe#2310
Discord : Tathi#8733

Hellos!!!

We’re a welcoming guild and Our goal to get cutting edge at our own pace, but in a relaxed way with enough organisation thrown in to get it done with the minimum of stress. That said, relaxed or not it’s still a raid - you’ll be expected to pull your weight.

​​

It is all about having a very friendly atmosphere and have fun during raid and outside of the raid.

(SultanGamer#1702)

Hello Dijkstra

I see a lot of people have all ready offered you a home, at Ravencrest would also like to offer you one such, in our very cozy guild.
We consist a lot of new/returning players, and might be a good starting point if you want to get into raiding and M+ again :blush:

Here’s the link to our recruitment, if you should feel like taking a closer look ^^ Delete this topic please

1 Like