LUA Error Interface/Addons/Blizzard_ItemButton & UIPanels (Caused by Shadowlands Conduits)

Getting the following LUA error:

Message: …/Blizzard_ItemButton/Mainline/ItemButtonTemplate.lua:294: attempt to index local ‘color’ (a number value)
Time: Wed Jul 24 11:33:41 2024
Count: 1
Stack: …/Blizzard_ItemButton/Mainline/ItemButtonTemplate.lua:294: attempt to index local ‘color’ (a number value)
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ItemButton/Mainline/ItemButtonTemplate.lua”]:294: in function SetItemButtonOverlay' [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ItemButton/Mainline/ItemButtonTemplate.lua"]:249: in function <.../Blizzard_ItemButton/Mainline/ItemButtonTemplate.lua:236> [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ItemButton/Mainline/ItemButtonTemplate.lua"]:672: in function SetItemButtonQuality’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ItemButton/Mainline/ItemButtonTemplate.lua”]:265: in function SetItemButtonQuality' [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua"]:1054: in function UpdateItems’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua”]:1013: in function <…s/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua:1011>
[string “=[C]”]: in function xpcall' [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ObjectAPI/Mainline/ContinuableContainer.lua"]:83: in function <...Blizzard_ObjectAPI/Mainline/ContinuableContainer.lua:75> [string "=(tail call)"]: ? [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua"]:1011: in function AddItemsForRefresh’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua”]:1021: in function Update' [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua"]:1145: in function ContainerFrame_GenerateFrame’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua”]:222: in function <…s/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua:220>
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua”]:246: in function OpenBag' [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua"]:311: in function OpenBackpack’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua”]:1870: in function <…s/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua:1869>
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UIPanels_Game/Mainline/ContainerFrame.lua”]:1932: in function `ToggleAllBags’
[string “OPENALLBAGS”]:1: in function <[string “OPENALLBAGS”]:1>

Locals: button = Button {
IconOverlay = Texture {
}
AugmentBorderAnim = AnimationGroup {
}
showMatchHighlight = true
icon = ContainerFrameCombinedBagsIconTexture {
}
isExtended = false
HighlightTexture = Texture {
}
IconQuestTexture = ContainerFrameCombinedBagsIconQuestTexture {
}
hasItem = 1
PushedTexture = Texture {
}
emptyBackgroundAtlas = “bags-item-slot64”
Count = ContainerFrameCombinedBagsCount {
}
flash = Texture {
}
searchOverlay = ContainerFrameCombinedBagsSearchOverlay {
}
isProfessionItem = false
itemContextMatchResult = 3
ItemSlotBackground = Texture {
}
IconOverlay2 = Texture {
}
timeSinceUpgradeCheck = 0
bagID = 3
flashAnim = AnimationGroup {
}
newitemglowAnim = AnimationGroup {
}
JunkIcon = Texture {
}
ExtendedSlot = Texture {
}
BattlepayItemTexture = Texture {
}
NewItemTexture = Texture {
}
isCraftedItem = false
AugmentBorderAnimTexture = Texture {
}
UpgradeIcon = Texture {
}
NormalTexture = ContainerFrameCombinedBagsNormalTexture {
}
IconBorder = Texture {
}
Cooldown = ContainerFrameCombinedBagsCooldown {
}
ItemContextOverlay = Texture {
}
BagIndicator = Texture {
}
Stock = ContainerFrameCombinedBagsStock {
}
}
itemIDOrLink = “[Innate Resolve]”
quality = 4
isBound = true
color = 0.639216
(*temporary) = Texture {
}
(*temporary) = 0.207843
(*temporary) = 0.933333
(*temporary) = “ffa335ee”
(*temporary) = “attempt to index local ‘color’ (a number value)”

As a result this is causing all my slots in bags UI to not show my items + the LUA error keeps popping up on my screen, practically unplayable!
I’ve tried deleting Cache and WTF folder. I’ve tried running a Scan and Repair… All addons are disabled aswell – Nothing works.

Hoping there’s a fix somehow

Thank you in advance

4 Likes

Hello! I had same issue and i fixed it by deleting a shadowlands Conduit item from my backpack.

5 Likes

I wish I had seen your comment sooner, I was just coming here to share this myself. Glad it wasn’t something dodgy with my addons at least. Thank you for taking the time to share a fix with the community. I get so used to toxic players I practically fall out of my chair when I witness an act of kindess from another player. xD

When you have a shadowlands conduit in your bags it is causing that specific bag to bug out and not apply theme and makes the offence even worse when using combined bags, making it unusable. Conduits that I had in my bag when noticing this was: Well-honed instincts 252, Flash of Clarity 252 and Condensed Anima Sphere 252.

With these 3 items out of my bag (into the bank) I was able to open bags without issues/glitching out but bank was failing to sort/show correctly.

Turning them in/getting rid of them, seems to resolve the combined bag issue and I do not have icons missing. Will update the thread if there is any other items that I notice that do this.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this post, I was having the same issue with my bags as soon as i removed the conduits no more problems.

It also seem to give the same error whenever any conduit is interacted with. I opened the dungeon journal and got the same error there when going through bosses loot.

Saviour, many thanks for this, fixed it right away!

This was indeed narrowed down to conduits, and a hotfix is on the way.

Thanks all, and good sleuthing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.