Mag'har Orc Warrior: Which clan?

Hey all.
A few days ago I started a Mag’har Orc Warrior having finally unlocked them as an Allied Race. I picked the skin which I thought looked coolest without knowing much about it. Having decided to do some reading it seems I picked the Bleeding Hollow one (brown with white tattoos).

I was hoping at some point to RP the character, but in my mind I am kind of ‘developing’ him as I adventure through the world. This means I am trying to imagine the world as he would likely experience it, developing a picture of this strange place called Azeroth. I imagine that he would change and evolve as a character owing to these experiences.

The thing is, for the initial concept I had of him I am slightly worried I might be making some RP ‘errors’. I imagine this Orc to be quite young (around 20 years old), generally very naive in his beliefs about strength and honour, but with a strong dislike of the light owing to his experiences with fanatical Draenei on Draenor. He was not born when the events of WoD occurred. In terms of his character traits, I imagine him as being good, if a kind of ‘fists firsts, questions later’ kind of character. Maybe chaotic-good or neutral-good?

So I have a few questions:

1. Is it inconceivable to have any of these traits as a Bleeding Hollow Orc? I know Bleeding Hollow are quite heavily into blood magic and rituals. This isn’t something I really imagine him being overly interested in, although perhaps being slightly superstitious is not beyond the realms of possibility.

2. Does a Bleeding Hollow warrior even make sense? Or should I just change his skin and choose a different clan before I get too far into this? He’s a fury Warrior as I imagine him fighting in a particularly brutal, savage, and maybe even somewhat clumsy way as he’s still relatively inexperienced.

3. Does the fact that the clans seem to have been unified when we return to Draenor during the Mag’har unlocking questline mean that the concerns I’ve raised above aren’t really a major issue? As in, is it likely the clans will have mixed culturally?

For some reason I cannot post on the character himself, but here he is https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/argent-dawn/tazug

Any advice for people who know a lot more about this stuff than me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

::edit spelling mistake::

You got to remember that the orcs from draenor have spent a lot of time together in garrisons fighting the lightbound so yes, you shouldn’t be too concerned because they’re not going to be that much of an issue.

i mean, he obviously holds on to some of the beliefs to go and get tattooed like that, but he probably would’ve wanted to get along with the orcs he’s been shacked up with for all that time.

1 Like

A bleeding hollow warrior makes perfect sense; your character doesn’t have to take part in the rites and rituals they do due to his clan alone. Nothing about your idea is threatened by the unification of the Iron Horde, as clan identity still remains strong within it!
All in all you’re good to go

2 Likes

Thank you both! I’ll definitely RP him as a Bleeding Hollow Warrior then. He’ll be influenced by being Bleeding Hollow of course, but having been born into the united clans of Draenor he’ll probably have a different perspective than MU or earlier AU Bleeding Hollow might have done.

Great, this was very reassuring. Thanks! Can’t wait to get RPing.

1 Like

Hey! Have a look at this :>

1 Like

He’s young, but did he go through the ritual yet? You know, the one where a Bleeding Hollow orc sacrifices their eye to see the way they die? If they did, be sure to wear an eyepatch - and think about how his vision influenced his character.

That is only the Chieftain, not every clansman

Did they change that? Used to be all the Bleeding Hollow were running around one-eyed. Back in WC2, every clan was underoing some kind of mutilation relevant to their name. Bleeding Hollow (eyes), Shattered Hand (hands, duh), Black Tooth Grin (teeth), etc.

2 Likes

So it seems I can finally post on this character. Yay

Thanks for this Kump! I really should probably have checked the AD forums first as they’re usually full of useful things. I’ll make sure to follow it.

I’ve had a look and it does seem to only be chieftains who remove an eye. It might have been different before, but they have been known to change this things. Cheers for pointing it out…

… That said I now kind of wish I could give him an eye patch. That sounds too cool :smiley:

3 Likes

Good luck! Glory to KIL’ROOOOOOOOOOOG

From one Draenei to an orc; if you want to wear an eyepatch, why not? Even if you are not a chieftain, you might have lost an eye in combat with a fierce draenei… (Or in a fishing accident, the possibilities are endless!)

Maybe Tazug is ambitious and considers himself a good leader…

2 Likes

What a good idea! My current thinking is he might have reacted really badly to the pollen on Azeroth and sneezed his left eye out. But a fishing accident also seems quite tempting… as does reckless “leadership.”

That said I’ve decided the character is a bit silly. Last night he went to Draenor and fought his own clan… even burning down their huts immediately after going through the Dark Portal with Thrall and Khadgar. I fear he may have inadvertently killed his grandparents and burnt down their homes. He may therefore cease to exist soon.

:frowning:

(Leveling up with all the timezones is really quite silly isn’t it?)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.