Malbog event in Khortia broken?

Hello, I have been farming multiples rare mounts since the 9.1 patch.

Before yesterday I had no issues finding groups & killing Malbog.

But today the number of groups dropped consequently, so I tried investigating by making it spawn by myself. the NPC that start the event “caretaker Kah-Dee” seems to have the right dialogue when the rare is available: “A large shardhide has been preying […]” but the dialog option to make the tracks appears (which lead to the rare spawning) is absent.

The only dialog available is “could you heal my pets” which is, I believe, a generic dialog for stable master.

Anyone can confirm this behaviour & it looks a lot like a bug ?

I’m sure it’s bugged today, just w8 untill blizz fix it.

so sad! i hope it works soon

Is Maelie bugged? - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Malbog and Maelie is not the same thing :smiley:

1 Like

its bugged for me since 2nd day of patch , also horse event was bugged for my main till today. My alts can summon malbog tho

I thought it was bugged, but someone else managed to make it work and I managed to get the Mount so that was lucky - that was on Monday though not sure if anything has changed since.

Well what makes me believe that this is a bug is that I didn’t got 0 kills today, I managed to get 2.

One of them was in my own shard: I was able to spawn Malbog from the chunk of meat left of the spawn point.

But this chunk of meat spawns only if you do successfully the previous event (following tracks with a buff you get from camp). Which makes me believe this is the part that is bugged & never starts.

I believe the few kills I got today were shards with a leftover meat like mine, but without a way to makes this interactible respawn, there will be soon no more Malbog in all shard (until fix).

The NPC spawns a duplicate of himself (or at least before today he did) when the rare was summonable. That duplicate has the dialogue to take the bear out to find the rare. I’ve not seen him at all today.

Usually he’d just be spawned in the area all the time but they’ve probably done something to him or something else and broken it more.

Maelie is also a disaster area. She stopped leaving the base, now she’s so lost no one can find her.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.