Mature EU server

Hello everyone,
Is there an EU server with high population that has more mature (30 or 40+ years old) people?
Thank you.

Sorry, no.

As far as I know, all servers have about the same mixture of ages. Apart from language, you could consider all servers quite randomly mixed.

I would think that players in general are older than you might think, older than gamers in general. WoW is considered quite “Boomer”, I believe! :smiley:

1 Like

It used to be the RP realms that had more “mature” people but now realms are just about all the same.

thank you for your reply. it is just that there are a lot of kids running around the game, speed speed speed in instances quests everything. i wonder how/if they are really enjoying the game. also it is usually some kids who argue a lot and ruin the game for others. i just want to find more mature people to play the game with and can’t seem to be able to find some. Is there anything i can do about that?

1 Like

Well, quests don’t really matter. You can do them at your own pace; you don’t need others, and you don’t care how fast they’re going.

In raids, speed isn’t much of a factor, since nearly all the time is spent in one place, on bosses,

Dungeons are where the speed-freaks have their effects.

Now, you may or may not believe this, but speed does not correlate with age very well. It may be that the oldest people, say 60+, do tend to be slower, but certainly 30+ and 40+ year olds are quite capable of as much gogogoGO as any 15 year old. I know this very well from personal experience.

So basing your criterion on age is not realistic.

A more subtle point, that may not be clear to you yet: “fast” and “slow” are not the only speeds, and they’re not absolute. One of the biggest problems in random dungeon groups is the difference in expectation of speed between members, and that difference can be HUGE. A high-score regular M+ runner with years of practice will consider almost everybody slow, even those you would consider impossibly fast. Most regular dungeoneers would probably comsider me slow; but sometimes I’ve gotten complaints for going too fast.

“Fast” is nearly always a function of a) Skill and b) Familiarity, and those cover a vast spectrum.

1 Like

I see your point. what i mean is that probably a more mature player even if he can play faster than others, he won’t make such a big deal out of it. he will be there to enjoy the game with others. not race to the finish while arguing with others. is there a guild perhaps which i could join with more mature people?

There is a Facebook group called “World of Warcraft 35 and Older Club”. Most folks there are from the US, but there are from EU too. I haven’t seen anyone with a rushing and impatient mentality there. The group is focused on respect of others and acknowledging that people have various levels of skill.

I met a bunch of ppl from there and we run normal dungeons. They are new players. I think there’s an EU community of this group, but not sure it’s very active. It’s mostly interaction via btag friend list.
So you can definitely check it out and join. I think this is what you’re looking for.

There’s also a community “Scared of Dungeons”, but it’s not focused on ages 30+ but on guiding people about dungeons and M+ and doing content in toxic-free environment. I was there a couple of years ago but since I am 40+, I prefer more quiet and relaxing chat atmosphere, with less slang :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for the information.
and, where do we find a more quiet and relaxing chat atmosphere in wow? :slight_smile:

Ah. Yes. That. Ummmmm … :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a channel formally called Trade (Services). On the largest realms, this channel is hopping 24/7 with boost advertisements while you’re in major cities.

Trade (Services) is by default assigned to channel 5, so you will see a stream of text like

[5] WTS Mythic 2-20 keys. Armor stack available. Friendly Group. and more advertising blah.

You can turn this off with the command

/leave services
or
/leave 5

if it is indeed on channel 5.

I can’t imagine it’s much of a problem on Azsune, though.

Outside of the ads, public channels in modern WoW tend to be very quiet.

Argent Dawn Alliance has the best Trade Chat in WoW, for my money. :smiley: You’ll see anything from trivia quizzes to someone winding people up about Brexit.

I personally have it by chatting with my bnet friends.

You can post in this thread to find like-minded players.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.