Minimum pet collection?

Hey, I’m not really a player who is particularly into Battlepets but I’d like to start forming a small collection so I can do whatever daily and WQs pop up. Also, when SL is out it’ll be fun during the levelling phase to also collect the pets I see in the wild.

So yeah, if anyone can recommend me a minimum collection that’d be great. Nothing fancy, just enough to complete the WQ/daily content.

My most common tactic for pet battle world quests is Boneshard, Ikky, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, those work for most encounters. Also Emperor Crab is good to have, especially attack one, hits like a truck with OP defenses.

I was just looking for an old thread where I explained a truly minimum team for BfA, that you could buy at a reasonable price from the AH, but it went away with the old forums. I found a snippet of it in a comment on XuFu’s.

Ikky: Black Claw → Flock (-> Savage Talon if the first opponent pet is still alive).
If the first opponent pet dies during Flock, you have a choice of applying Black Claw or Flock to the second opponent before you die.

Zandalari Anklerender / Kneebiter / Footslasher: Black Claw → Hunting Party → Leap.
If Ikky already applied Black Claw, you don’t need to apply it again. If Ikky already applied Shattered Defenses from Flock, you might want to take advantage of that with Leap before you start your run. Depends. Ideally get a P/P or P/B breed.

Starlette: Wind-Up → Supercharge → Wind-Up.
If there is a barrier like Bubble or an avoidance move coming, do
Wind-Up → Powerball (however many times) → Supercharge → Wind-Up.
Finish up if necessary with Wind-Up → Wind-Up or Powerballs.

Not all battles will necessarily use this exact formula, but that’s the default.

There is some unavoidable RNG. If one of the Shark Blood in the Water crits, for example, or your Starlette misses its big Wind-Up in a Sandstorm, you’ll probably have to start again, but otherwise it goes very smoothly.

The one BfA battle this didn’t work for was Rogue Azerite. it almost worked, but you would need another pet to replace the Starlette.

This was before the single-boss pet quests of Naz, Mech and the 8.3 zones.

The single-boss pet quests are very lazy work by the devs. They can mostky be beaten by a simple Bleed & Stampede sequence.

Fahratt’s team would have Boneshard supply the bleed, something like

Blistering Cold->Chop…Blistering Cold on undead round
Bring in Ikky. Black Claw->Flock
Whatever.

You can also buy level 25 Boneshards and Level 25 Mechanical Pandaren Dragonlings (make sure these are Blue quality before you buy!) for a reasonable price.

Adding to this, I do think you will want to capture an Unborn Val’kyr, level it back to 25 and stone it to Blue unless you captured a Rare in the first place. Can’t buy it, but nowadays it’s very quick and easy to capture. There are times when you want a faster effect than the long bleed of Boneshard. A H/H breed is a bit better fo most purposes, but you can probably get by with either.

After those, I’d work on these, depending how wide you want your roster:

1. Tier I (200-100 fights)

Iron Starlette P/P or H/H breeds
Anubisath Idol
Chrominius
Emerald Proto-Whelp P/P breed (capture)
Nexus Whelpling P/P breed (capture)
Shimmershell Snail (or other snails - Mudshell Conch is ideal) - H/P breed (capture)
Darkmoon Zeppelin
Lil’ Bling
Nether Faerie Dragon S/S breed (capture)

2. Tier II (100-50 fights)

Darkmoon Tonk
Spring Rabbit (or other fast rabbits)
Kun-Lai Runt P/P ir P/B breed (capture)
Teroclaw Hatchling
Zandalari Kneebiter
Pandaren Water Spirit
Emperor Crab P/P breed (capture)
Enchanted Broom
Scourged Whelpling (capture)
Clockwork Gnome
Squirky
Rotten Little Helper
Sunreaver Micro-Sentry
Enchanted Pen
Mechanical Axebeak
Electrified Razortooth (capture)
Flayer Youngling (capture)

Thank you both for your replies, Super helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.