Kul Tiran - Missing Warrior Melee Ability Sounds

I understand that this issue has been going on for a while based on other posts, but since nothing’s changed I wanted to bring more attention to it and hope that this is fixed.

TL;DR - Kul Tiran melee characters when using some melee abilities do not trigger ‘impact’ effects (sound + visual ‘hit’) and often have ‘desynced’ damage numbers that float way after the animation is done, leading to a terrible ‘feel’ of gameplay.

Post 1 - Warrior

Post 2

I haven’t documented every issue with Kul Tirans as the problem is quite widespread, here is every bugged ability that I could confirm on my characters. I KNOW these are bugged as a simple race swap via toy (Gnomeregan Pride etc.) instantly shows the difference between how the ability is meant to work vs how it does on a KT character. Note: These were tested on female characters but male KT also has similar issues

Death Knight

• Death Strike
  • Festering Strike
  • Obliterate (2H, sometimes)

Warrior

• Mortal Strike
  • Warbreaker (Ground strike plays but there is no ‘hit’ on the enemy?)
  • Thunderclap (same as Warbreaker)
  • Onslaught
  • Rampage
  • Whirlwind (2H only)
  • Raging Blow (this seems consistent with other races however, sometimes only 1 hit registers, usually first)

I could go on but same issues persist in Enhancement shamans, Rogues, Survival Hunters etc. As you can tell by the abilities listed, these are key parts of rotations that are spammed almost non-stop, not just some long-cooldown occasional talents. Playing a Kul Tiran character is absolutely ruined this way and severely affects the enjoyment of playing these classes, attack impacts are super important in the ‘feel’ of a melee character. Charging up a massive Mortal Strike only to ever hear a massive ‘WOOOSH’ every time is genuinely making me consider quitting the game all together.

I will continue to post about this issue until it is fixed and very much hope that Blizzard will look into it.

8 Likes