More server merges/connected servers soon?

Hey all.
Blizzcon 2019, Ion mentioned that they were “soon” going to look into merging/connecting more servers to handle population issues. Since the latest discount on server transfers, even more people got clustered on to the mega populated servers, and smaller servers got even smaller.

When is “soon” going to happen? The game is getting incredibly stale, when there are no new people coming to the server and the community is still getting smaller, meanwhile there are no more room on the mega servers.

I already moved guild back in end wotlk, because I was on a former High server that became a low populated server. It meant a lot of members were lost.
Now we are in a similar position, although our guild is much larger now and still very active. But we cannot recruit more people.

So this is the 2nd time for us, and probably many other guilds have moved before as well. We all pay the exact same amount for the subscription, so why is it that it is only mega-servers that benefit from Blizzard? By having discounts on realm transfers. Make it twice as expensive to move to a server bigger than your own, and half price moving to a server smaller than your own.

At least do something; because it’s frustrating to see that despite our server got back to “high” after Aszune was merged with Shadowsong, Blizzard hasn’t kept on top of it, and the game still feels empty, despite of cross zoning.

Otherwise open up the entire game and let guilds recruit cross-server. Because it’s really getting hard to reach out to people and 95% of all our new recruits are people rerolling or transferring to our server.

Many people also quit the game because of population issue. Many people have seen a lot of guilds die out and if they’re stuck on an empty server because many friends have left tomega servers, they leave the game.

I feel fixing population issues should be a big red flag and top of the jira board to be fixed. I don’t know if it’s as a big issue in the NA server, but the EU servers could really use some love.

Love - Monster.

1 Like

We havent heard anything after blizzcon… please leave a comment in the megathread about this also :slight_smile:

Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard - #525 by Lianzhi-argent-dawn

3 Likes

It’s a bit frustraiting, that they mention stuff at blizzcon but never follow up on it. They could always just say “we’re not considering it at this time” Or “no” or whatever.

It’s the radio silence that gets to me. It makes it seem like it’s not an issue, but it is.It makes it so frustrating when things are being spoken of in Blizzcon, but never followed up on.

At least some communication in one way or another would be nice. It’s been quite a while ago since Blizzcon.

1 Like

Think the last time it was tested was in the bfa beta cycle, they “merged” two or three beta realms, for about a month, it worked fine but it turns out its it’s cheaper & easier to “simulate” busy zones with phasing/sharding/layering,

Sure we all lag like hell & have dead servers but think of the money actiblizz saves, they can use the time & funding for another store mount

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.