Mouseover & Modifier Macro

Hey there!

I feel I’m fairly confident in the basics of making macros, but now I’ve hit a wall. This will apply to a lot of different spells, but I’ll use Silence as an example.

Basically, I have the following for Silence on a normal target, and Arena 1, 2, 3:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Silence
/cast [mod:shift, @arena1] Silence
/cast [mod:ctrl, @arena2] Silence
/cast [mod:alt, @arena3] Silence

The above macro works fine in both PVE and PVP… ish. In the 2nd line of the macro “/cast [nomod] Silence”, I’d like to have mouseover functionality aswell. So, how I would like the macro to work, so that I can use it for both PVE and PVP;

1. If I have a normal target, but at the same time hovering my mouse over another, I’d like Silence to be cast on the mouseovered target.
  2. If I have a target, but no other enemies on mouseover, cast the Silenc my current target.
  3. The rest should work fine, I’d only want to use Shift, CTRL and ALT for when I am in arenas.

I’ll need the same functionallity for stuff like Power Word: Shield etc, but I’d assume it’ll work the same way, just swap out harm/help on the mouseover line, and use Party 1 and 2 on the modifier lines.

Any macro Gods in here to help a poor man out?

-Pnats

If you’re only trying to do 1 thing at a time you should only have a single /cast statement.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@arena1] [mod:ctrl,@arena2] [mod:alt,@arena3] [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Silence

Thank you very much, Elvenbane!

So ths will then do what I described in my original post? I haven’t been able to test it yet. If yes, then that should work for friendly spells aswell? For instance “Power Word: Shield”:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@party1] [mod:ctrl,@party2] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Power Word: Shield

Is that correct?

Again, thank you very much. Very handy!

Yep. Your variant looks good too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.