My m+ 9.0 experience as Feral(feedback)

Hi, some of you know me about my complains and topics ; But here it goes; i’ve managed to defeat keystone master as purely on my feral spec.

First of all; this is not a self glorifying post or smth like that ; if you feel it is so ; please do not read. ty.

From my first start ; i thought i knew everything as a feral dps ; well. Let me tell you. I was wrong.
From my start to end ; i’ve realized i need to adapt, i need to learn, practice, be patient and overcome against all odds. And sometimes cover of my team mate’s mistakes;
Sometimes even sacrifice few seconds of dps for it…

I saw many events, i saw flamers, i saw leavers, i saw mid dungeon leavers, worst of all; meta spec maniacs.

I saw people who tell me ‘‘try hard feral’’ ‘‘go play balance noob’’ or ‘‘play tank fffss’’

I also saw people who whispered me ‘‘wow , a real and flesh feral dps player i cant really believe it’’ ‘‘keep clawing man, you are very rare’’ (yes i got some tears on my eye that day)

Other people were shocked and a bit nervous about me ; a tank guy said ''how the hell a feral managed to sneak up my party :d ?? ‘’

Some people was aware of the low dps situation of feral ; but just wanted a smooth run; i mean who can blame em ; one of the guy said while declining me to group ‘’ we just want ranged dps so dont be sad ok :frowning: ;:heart: ) to not hurt my feelings…

Some people were shocked that not only i dont play balance ; but also why i dont play tank as well. One of the guy even said ; ‘‘ive never seen a feral in m+… like ever’’

Iver seen amazing tanks in m+ ; i mean i saw some tanks that made macros or installed addons purely on trash pull burst calls ;
Like ; ‘‘pop cds now’’ or ‘’ pride on me’’ or '‘BİG PULL or ‘NEED DISPEL’’ etc… Also interrupt addons…

I saw a warrior tank that did top dps in my group

I’ve realized that Ranges are like wealthy merchants and melees are squires in m+. (especially not meta melee specs)

ı’ve realized that having friends is utmost important as a melee player in m+. (unlike my bfa resto druid experience)

I’ve learned that majority of players are not skilled enough to go beyond 10+ m+ (or they dont care?)

I’ve learned that people who boast about their high dps and when there is a small group mistake ; they are the real weak chain in group ; (leaving group,toxic disruptive language etc…)

I’ve learned that que’ing same key again and again sometimes may result in an invite ; because of player scarcity.

I’ve learned that while daytime has more players online ; high level m+ key players tend to play mostly at nights.
(around 8+ pm)

I’ve learned that you need to be stoic ,social and have iron nerves to be able to complete ksm as a feral player.

I hope this information helps all ‘‘non meta’’ dps specs along their m+ journey.

I agree with the melee vs range analogy.

I played range dps last expo. SL really has a habit of every single week there is an affix that makes me go “oh yay for me being melee” and I have yet to see one that would make me think the same for being ranged.

Blizzard really need to start designing affixes that target ranged damage dealers. You’d think “well maybe they deal less damage as a result?” Nope. Generally more because they don’t have to keep stopping DPS or moving out of range, but generally even when just “Patchwerking” a target, they still outperform many melee.

I love the melee playstyle and being up close and personal but my word does it feel like a weight around your neck a good deal of the time from a game design point of view. It can’t be that difficult to design stuff that actually affects ranged classes and not melee so much? Or at least not design loads of stuff where being melee feels like a massive handicap because you have to worry about stuff ranged don’t pay attention to or need to worry about.

Congrats on KSM, especially as none meta, it’s a challenge for sure!

It’s annoying the game has come to this though. Especially 0-15 keys it doesn’t really matter in the slightest what you take. The mage/boom meta is so dumb in pugs, as they don’t even have the best 2-5 target damage lol. So if your tank isn’t constantly pulling big, they’re actually picking the wrong classes! Big pulls they smash fair play.

There are still people left that don’t care what you play, I wouldn’t care in the slightest if a feral joined. As long as they know how to play, interupt and use their toolkit the run will be fine regardless.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.